5.4 DOHC Navigator Engine Swap into my 94 Mustang GT

i just did a 97 cobra motor swap into a 93 gt.. and you would think it wouldn't be too hard.. well it is.. its a hell of a job even for pros.. and as for going from pushrod to mod.. haha i wouldn't want to do that, mod motors are a PITA not to flame.. but I HATE THE MOD MOTOR.. pushrods for life HAHA.. at least if you go 351w.. you can use your stock computer.. and wire harness.. just need different intake and such.. but pushrod to mod no don't do it..

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting on a 97-01 Explorer/Mountaineer GT40P Complete engine. Going to machine the heads and intake and put them on my car. Was wondering if the the block can handle being stroked to a 331 or 347.

oxemoron said:
Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting on a 97-01 Explorer/Mountaineer GT40P Complete engine. Going to machine the heads and intake and put them on my car. Was wondering if the the block can handle being stroked to a 331 or 347.

yeah a explorer motor would be alot better of a swap (easier) then a 5.4l dohc.. and yes a stock block can handle being stroked to 331 or 347.. unless your going with tons of boost or alot of rpm.. but from what it sounds like, your just going to buils a nice street engine.. so yes. the stock block will be just fine..