5.4 Stroker Buildup

mustangman9812

10 Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Mars Hill, NC
Howdy All,

Well I have finnally started my offical build of my 98 Mustang GT (4.Sick) :nice:

I have aquired a 5.4 Block in great shape from a friend, I am in the process now of getting the bores cleaned & cleaning the block. I will have pictures shortly!

Parts To Be Going In:

Forged VT Engines 5.4 Stroker Crank - 4.350"
Custom VT Engines5.4 Stroker Pistons & Rod Kit (Coming Soon by VT Engines)
P&P'ed PI Heads
Trickflow PI Intake (Black)
Paxton Novi 2000 w/ Intercooler
More To Come!

Me and a friend who builds engines for Race Cars in the area are ingaging in the process. The car will be equipped in the end with Paxton Novi 2000. I am hoping to have this project done by sometime late next year or early 2 years from now. When completed I hope to call up Modular Powerhouse and get it tuned correctly, because he is close to my area and 1 of the BEST Modular Tuners around. I will keep you guys posted on the build as it unfolds, I hope you guys will be as excited as I am!! After having this car for 5 years I now can make it special in my kinda way and do it my and have fun doing it! I know i will have questions with this build throughout the process but I know how good stangnet is in helping so i am sure i wont have any trouble! Thanks and I will be keeping you informed!

Pics of the block before clean-up coming shortly.

• Sponsors (?)

Done with mine... No blower but it's pretty close. :D Started with an 03Gt, did full suspension and brakes to it, racing seats, cage, gauges, blah blah ... done up pretty nice.

00 5.4 block +.020 (335cid)
Probe pistons, 3D H-beam rods
ARP head and main studs
00 5.4 crank
Fox Lake stage 2 heads
comp xe270 cams
HPS 4.6 Hardball'r intake
Reichard Racing intake adapter plates
billet fuel rails
Steeda UDP's
Fidanza AL flywheel
Apex motorsports DF kevlar clutch disc, KC pressure plate (10.5" clutch setup... got rid of the 11")

Project Page: www.squarerootofone.com

Pics below.

Photo_110307_001.jpg

Attachments

• Photo_110307_001.jpg
    Photo_110307_001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 93
For those that haven't seen my posts on the subject... HPS is about to pop their new 5.4L 2v specific mustang intake. It'll fit under a stock hood on 96-04's and is similar (though considerably different inside) to the HPS 4.6L Hardball'r. Looking at a release shortly after new years from what they tell me. They're also making a fitment kit so you can use that same intake on F150's for a little more top end.