5.4 swap on a 00gt *pics inside*

• Sponsors (?)

That depends on how long the back tires hold air. You brought mine back with slick tires today.

hey hey hey...u mark your teritory all over town.. i spun once..I dont think I ruined your tires..besides when u bought the mofo it said that ut needed tires..lol..but u have enough wheels and tires laying around we can have fun for while:nice:

hey hey hey...u mark your teritory all over town.. i spun once..I dont think I ruined your tires..besides when u bought the mofo it said that ut needed tires..lol..but u have enough wheels and tires laying around we can have fun for while:nice:

We can take the four wheels and tires off the black 97, 2 on yours, 2 on mine, and race to see who can pop them first...sounds like great fun!

thats sweet man, i live in denver, nc. not to far from ya hopefully well cross roads one day cause i wanna see what this beast beholds. oh and my computer wouldnt play vid. do you have another link?

Yeah that would be cool.. I will be at the cruise-in in kannapolis tomorrow. If you have not been to one, you should. I got the car back today, It made 318/374..not what I was hoping for but it'll do.

So the 5.4 was a direct swap to the mounts and everything? i was thinking of doing the 4.6 aluminum block swap out of a lincold mark 8 but damn yours looks like it came together very nicely and the color scheme is bad ass! i have a set of pi 4.6 heads, would the y swap onto a 5.4 block?

So the 5.4 was a direct swap to the mounts and everything? i was thinking of doing the 4.6 aluminum block swap out of a lincold mark 8 but damn yours looks like it came together very nicely and the color scheme is bad ass! i have a set of pi 4.6 heads, would the y swap onto a 5.4 block?

yes they would, but its a waist of time if you dont port them and load em with cams, and good springs.:nice:

Last time I looked into it, the 5.4 was a bit tall and hoods wouldn't close all the way. Has this been solved with the PP intake ? It looks like it in the pics.

No, we notched the hood to clear the upper intake and throttle linkage. In post 2, 3rd pic from the bottom you can see where we outlined the area to be cut on the under side of the hood.