5.5 inches of rain yesterday!

• Sponsors (?)

Can't.. His front yard is the river. If you were to walk out his front door and down the hill, you'd be under water. It has risen up to 2 feet into his basement. It would be like standing in the middle of the lake and trying to bail it out with buckets. It's supposed to crest before it goes into his house tho.

Dam! Sorry to hear that bro. Its gonna snow/rain for the next 4 days. Yeah that would be a losing battle try to stay there. God bless home insurance!:nice:

Home insurance is paid up he says. :D The river is supposed to crest at 12pm tomorrow(God only knows how the powers that be can figure out something like that) It should be 4-5 feet from coming into the first floor.
The best part...
He got an insane deal on the house because it had flood damage. I asked him if he was an idiot. And now he has 6 months in of fixing flood damage by himself. He took most of the house down to nothing. No walls, no floors, etc.. I got my fingers crossed for him on this one, insurance or not.

Oh yeah, also, he had to get rid of his showroom condition 2004 gt vert to get the house. :nonono:

Home insurance is paid up he says. :D The river is supposed to crest at 12pm tomorrow(God only knows how the powers that be can figure out something like that) It should be 4-5 feet from coming into the first floor.
The best part...
He got an insane deal on the house because it had flood damage. I asked him if he was an idiot. And now he has 6 months in of fixing flood damage by himself. He took most of the house down to nothing. No walls, no floors, etc.. I got my fingers crossed for him on this one, insurance or not.

Oh yeah, also, he had to get rid of his showroom condition 2004 gt vert to get the house. :nonono:

Ouch!!! :nonono:

And to think I actually really want and plan to move to Jersey when I move out...

We have the same thing in CT here. My school is literally half under water, most of the buildings are flooded etc. Im lucky we live in the hills, and never see any flooding at our place! I hate driving in this crap though!

I wish it would rain down here...South Florida. We are under water restrictions, which means...among other things...they lowered the water pressure to all homes. I wash my cars at work, so that isn't a big deal...but I LOVE my high water pressure. I drill out the restrictors in my shower heads so I can blow the dirt off of me.

Seriously though, the Earth is 75% water and Florida is a peninsula....how the hell can we be in a drought?? With all the technology in the world, they can't solve the drought issues? The US Government can build a missle that can be fired from hundreds of miles away and land in someones lap....but they can't filter salt water?