5.8 in a New Edge

okay-face.jpg

You guys are noobs, haha.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok fellas,
Had an idea I wanted to run by everyone (terrible choice I know).
I've been thinkin about picking up a new edge. Figure I can find one in great condition with a lot of miles 100-150k pretty cheap around here. Just to give me something new to wrench on and a solid DD that gets better mileage than my truck. Problem being, Im not a huge fan of 2v's. Nothing wrong with them, jus not my cup of tea. Hell, I don't even like tea. So I was running around with the idea of dropping a windsor in a 99-04 car. Probably EFI, not worried about emissions or resale value and I have most of the technical aspects covered (k-member, wiring harness, ECU, tranny etc) so I guess I'm just looking for other peoples take on it. Pros and cons and all that.
I'd put this in SN95 but you peeps is my peeps so lets hear it.

Except from Shawn, get outta here!

Tanner, I read an article a while back about a guy that put a dart block 427 in an S197 car, and it was bad ass. He used the factory efi adapted to the windsor and even threw away the distributor, and used a crank trigger with the factory coil wiring on GM LS coilpacks, with a short plugwire for each cyl. I'll look around and see if I can find it, It was really cool to see the new engine control technology meet big cubes in a Ford. I'm a fan, DO IT!

I'd love to read that if you come across it again. I assumed id get the "keep that crap in a fox" response a lot more. I think I'll try and get the ball rolling on this soon

The more I think about that, The more I think it would be cool to find a roller s197 and drop in a stroked big block..:chinAlways wanted to do that with my old fastback I had.. The only problem with that plan is there are no rollers to be found that new.....

Still really liking this idea i think. mechanic buddy of mine picked up a blown up v6 S197 a few months back and has a 347 mocked up in it at the moment. Reminded me of wanting a pushrod new edge and a quick google search led me back to myself :doh:

Still really liking this idea i think. mechanic buddy of mine picked up a blown up v6 S197 a few months back and has a 347 mocked up in it at the moment. Reminded me of wanting a pushrod new edge and a quick google search led me back to myself :doh:

Haha nice. I've Googled stuff before and found threads I posted in years ago. I've spent too much of my life on these forums, ha.

Thinking about this thread. It would be cool to take my carbed car and use the newer EFI to convert back to EFI. Not sure how to overcome the cam sensors for the VCT? I hope to one day find a EFI kit to use the O2 at TP%, and tune off of that only. I think the MegaSquirt is the best way to go but still has a ton of tables to tune thru.

Scott