5 lug conversion a 4 cyl car

mustangrfast88

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2002
middletown ohio
ok here goes guys i need to change to 5 lug but the car is a 4 cyl car and i need ot know what rotors to use on the front because i dont know what ford 4 cyl cars or trucks were 5 lug but i know if it was a v8 i would use mark 7 rotors i am just doing this tempory tell i can do the sn mustang 5 lug conversion and as for the rear i am going to use a mark 7 rearend 8.8 with disc brake so what am i going to need to complete this project thanks in advance for the help

• Sponsors (?)

you can't use the 5.0 rotors with the 4cyl spindles. i tried and the 5.0 rotors are too big to clear. my advice is to get some sn95 spindles/rotor/calipers and go that route. the 4cyl spindles also have clearance issues with some wider wheels. my 17x9 cobra R's hit the shock with the 4cyl spindles on the car

brothers performance has a kit for around $200 that comes with new 5-lug axles, clips, and front rotors if you want all new parts

http://brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/fmm1102c.html

I have youre answer. but it depends on what kinda 5 lug wheels you want to use. with the 4cyl cars you can buyi think 85-90 model ranger rotors and they bolt right on, my buddy put a set on 88 4cyl coupe that he swapped to a V8. the only problem is the center part, where the retaining nut and cotter pin go, and the grease, it's too deep for cobra r's and some 98 GT wheels because the center cap won't snap on. same problem with the lincohn rotors. he has 94-95 GT 3spoke wheels and they fit cap and all. trust me it will work. plus new ranger rotors are pretty cheap. I hope this helps.

Daytrip said:
the 4cyl spindles also have clearance issues with some wider wheels. my 17x9 cobra R's hit the shock with the 4cyl spindles on the car
That's why my 93 Cobra wheels hit. I've been trying to get answers, and I always find them in someone else's thread. I'll probably just put the whole front K-member on, since the whole suspension squeeks.

Daytrip said:
you can't use the 5.0 rotors with the 4cyl spindles. i tried and the 5.0 rotors are too big to clear. my advice is to get some sn95 spindles/rotor/calipers and go that route. the 4cyl spindles also have clearance issues with some wider wheels. my 17x9 cobra R's hit the shock with the 4cyl spindles on the car

I had the same problem with my cobra r's 17x9, on my 93 coupe 4 banger, i got a 1/4 in spacer from the local tire shop here and problem fixed, cost like 15.00 bux...just my .02