5 lug conversion done, pic

• Sponsors (?)

American racing lemans. Havnt made them in a few years. Kenny brown used them on their 1994 stalker mustang. I had em on my 95 and kept them. Blasted and painted them argent for this project.

Adam, yes, straight 1995 gt sn95 conversion. Front and rear disks, master cylinder and kept 91 booster. I did lose the factory prop valve and built my own under the mc with adj prop valve and a line lock.
Thanks flava!

Adam, yes, straight 1995 gt sn95 conversion. Front and rear disks, master cylinder and kept 91 booster. I did lose the factory prop valve and built my own under the mc with adj prop valve and a line lock.
Thanks flava!

Looks great man. I am in the process of doing the same swap, slowly collecting parts right now. My question is how do the brakes feel. I have only a M/C and a booster to purchace and I thought a 91 booster would be enough. Also have you lowered the car, and if so what springs it looks really good.

Trlrprk, I used the 95 master cylinder and stock 91 booster. The brakes are a little stiffer than stock and the pedal is a little farther to floor. Feel is great but I may lengthen the rod just a touch one day to raise the pedal some. I have no complaints about the feel, though. It's great, just different than stock.

On a side note, I did completely remove the factory proportioning valve. I came out of front port to an adjustable prop valve to factory rear line. The rear port goes to a line lock which has three outlet ports. One each goes go lines to front brakes. Third one is plugged.

Using an MC that is undersized 1/16" makes up well for retaining the stock booster.

More than one way to skin a cat. Those brakes require the 1 1/16" mc woth the larger booster, but using the stock booster with an undersized 1" mc compensates nicely.

I hear ya man, and they might would be alittle lighter feeling with the SN booster, but im perfectly ok with their feel as is. Pressure needed to stop is ideal for me, but i like a little heavier. Last few projects didnt even have assisted brakes. Like i said, the pedal is a little lower than i like, but still well within reason for driving. Thats easily solved by lengthening the rod some. Curious to know if SN brake pushrods are the same length as Fox. Anyone know?

By pedal being lower, are you saying the stroke is long? In other words, you are finding the pedal going down pretty far to get good brake modulation?

That's a function of the master cylinder size. Going up to a 1 1/16" will shorten the stroke, but result in a firmer pedal. How acceptable this is, is up to you. You can always add an sn95 at this point to increase assist.

Adjusting the pedal rod just takes up "dead travel" before the brakes start to do anything. Adjust it too far out, and the brakes will drag slightly as you drive

By pedal being lower, are you saying the stroke is long? In other words, you are finding the pedal going down pretty far to get good brake modulation?

Nope, brake modulation is fine. Its travel is nearly identical to before, its just sits lower than before at rest. AKA, not as high as it was before.

Do they make an 1 1/16" thatll bolt into a fox?

Yes they do make a 1 1/16" MC... My MC is out of a 97 (94-98 non-cobra's) V6/GT and is an 1 1/16" bore... I have 93 cobra rear disc, and 95 V6/GT front discs... Pedal is firm but not overly stiff at all... Stock fox booster, adjustable prop valve, gutted stock prop valve.

Nope, brake modulation is fine. Its travel is nearly identical to before, its just sits lower than before at rest. AKA, not as high as it was before.

Do they make an 1 1/16" thatll bolt into a fox?

Thats kinda odd, because you didn't swap the Booster....right? Adjusting the booster rod may help this.

The 94-95 gt and 94-98 v6 mc is a 1 1/16" bore mc. It will make the pedal firm with the stock booster. You might want to try adjusting the booster rod first.

The mc is a direct swap with 1993 cobra mc. No adapters needed. Cheap tp get used too.

That's what I have is a 94 gt mc. The booster is stock. That's why I think the rod length is too short. Havnt measured yet but I'm thinking less than a 1/4" would make it about right. Only need the pedal to come up an inch and a half or so so be back to stock. Like I said, nit picky. It's great like it is so may not even bother with it lol