5 lug conversion

• Sponsors (?)

id avoid an sn95 swap in the rear. your wheel choices are limited and a nice ride height is sacraficed because most wheels hit the fenders, rolled or not. go to a junkyard and get yourself some ranger 5 lug axels, or the long side axels off a ford aerostar or bronco. not only will your axel width stay the same, you dont have to worry about you master cylinder overworking.

If you dont want to spend too much money you can take axles and drums off a ranger and they will bolt right in. If you want 31 spline axles you can take the whole insides out of an explorer rear end. They come with 3:55 ring and pinion in a explorer also

huRACEmentPSR said:
id avoid an sn95 swap in the rear. your wheel choices are limited and a nice ride height is sacraficed because most wheels hit the fenders, rolled or not. go to a junkyard and get yourself some ranger 5 lug axels, or the long side axels off a ford aerostar or bronco. not only will your axel width stay the same, you dont have to worry about you master cylinder overworking.

I am running SN95 Axles out back and the car is lowered about 3/4" and I run Factory Ford Bullitts with 245/45/17s and my tires do not rub anything and the fenderwells are not rolled.

Shakerhood said:
I am running SN95 Axles out back and the car is lowered about 3/4" and I run Factory Ford Bullitts with 245/45/17s and my tires do not rub anything and the fenderwells are not rolled.

Yup, I have seen many with the same setup and no problems. Saw one with cobras running 255/40/17 in the rear with no problems which is what prompted me to run 255/40's. I have sportlines too and I doubt I will have a problem. oh and I have sn 95 axles too.

tbadair said:
Yup, I have seen many with the same setup and no problems. Saw one with cobras running 255/40/17 in the rear with no problems which is what prompted me to run 255/40's. I have sportlines too and I doubt I will have a problem. oh and I have sn 95 axles too.

Another plus to the SN95 Axles is the slightly wider track improves the handling of the car!

huRACEmentPSR said:
damn, u guys are lucky. i guess the offset on the mach 1 wheel sucks or something. im running 245s and my tires are demolished. i am running a full sn95 rear end, maybe its a little wider....i think its out of a 98.

94-98 are the same, maybe someone stuck you with a 99-04 which is too wide for a Fox car. My Bullitts fit perfect with the SN95 rear.

For those of you with SN95 tracks who are having tire probs here is your answer

http://www.northracecars.com/catalog/brakes/brakes.htm

Simply get fox lenght 5-lug axles (ranger or aftermarket) and but a set of these brackets and they will allow you to run your SN95 disk brake rear with the Fox offset.

This way you can run 17x9" wheels (or 18x10) and still have nice disk brakes and not ugly drums.

I'm running their Cobra bracket setup with ranger axles so i can run some 17x9 black bullitts.