5 lug conversion

oldno7

Mar 27, 2010
ok my car was fine before the conversion. Took it in and they had it for 3 days now they called me and said i need a new rack and pin. He said its all bent. Could he of did it in the aligment. What tack and pin do i need for a 87 using 95 spindles and its power.

• Sponsors (?)

He's probably referring to the tie rods. Maybe they were already bent and just not enough for you to notice? The stock rack is fine to use with a 5-lug conversion. I think I used the stock tie rod ends when I did my 5-lug conversion. It was years ago, so I forget. There are a few 5-lug guru's on here that could confirm that for sure.

so what should i get to fix it. Would i be able to drive it home now then do the work the tires are strate to the eye they said. first they wanted caster camber on it. so I installed them. now they say this im just woried they are dicking me the cars been there this long for a alignment 4 days

dude i looked at the car today and i have a new eibach sway bar. my rims are 17x9 in the front and it looks like they where driving it and turned left and the rim rubbed the sway bar and scratched it all up and they lost my sway bar link top bushing. I told them i had offsets in the back and if the fronts dont work then swop them. because when i put the tires on for the tow i seen it was close th the strut tower. but the tow truck was here so i couldnt change it. what do you all think is going on here. now he just called me and said that the starter wont ingage now. please give me some insight on what whent wrong.