5 lug from lrs

StangCrazy302Gt

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2002
New Jerzy
has any one here used the 5lug conversion kit from latemodel resto?

seems to be a great price for some one on a budget.
only think that really bothers me is i see alot of 5 lug swaps and the rims seem to stick out 1/2 inch or so on each side of the car. has anyone had this problem or any issues with this kit??

• Sponsors (?)

the kit that LRS sells is mark 7 spindles, so they are fox length i believe. you cant fit but some cobra wheels and stock gt wheels except bullits. the LRS kit is the same width and stuff as what is on the car now, and keeps the rear drums, ect. when you see 5 lug swaps where the wheels are out more, that is sn95 length stuff, there sn95 spindles.

You can just go to the parts store and pick up a set of Mark VII rotors and the drums are from an 80's Ranger. Then you'll need two rear axles both from the LH side of an 80's Ranger (or Aerostar works too I think), thats what the kit basically consist of.

The hub on the Mark VII/kit rotors might stick out of the center of the rim depending on the wheels you want. I've seen people cut holes out of the center of 99 GT wheels to let the dust cap stick out.:notnice:

Because it uses Mark 7 front rotors. The protruding hub interferes with the center caps on a lot of rims and some wheels require spacers to bolt up period.

Do some searches on Mark 7 front brakes. Same thing.

i switch'd to the svo/mk 7 rotors & use 18x9 saleen rims. the dust cap does stick out, but its very minor. i bought a new dust cap<looks like chrome> it kinda blends in w/ the rim

i know what your saying about the rims sticking out. i bought fox length rear axles from north cobra< i think thats there name>. its a complete kit w/ 94& up cobra 11.65 rear rotors. w/ the 18x9 rims all around it doesnt stick out , it fills the wells great. i think the reason they stick out on other cars they buy 94& up rear axles & run 94& up rims

i think it was around 700. it has everthing for the rear swap. the fronts i just went to auto part stores & bought the rotors, 73mm calipers, pads. braided hoses & CALIPER SLEEVES from MM. i replaced almost all of the hard brake lines from classic tube<the sell a complete kit >. my hard brakeline that runs under the car rusted thru during a hard brake, so i replaced almost everything that was related to the brakes.

these are just ballpark prices that i remember: rear kit 700 front calipers 80-100 cobra mc 70 rotors 100 ss brake lines 100 caliper sleeves 40 ss hard brakeline kit 150 bearings etc. 60 labor 600 i have a 93 cobra already set up for 4 wheel discs, w/ a gt it will be a little more, w/ the prop valve. im running 18x9 rims w/ the 12" cobra rear discs. the smallest rim i think is 17" you can run