5 Lug Rear Disk Parts

GT40Pony

Apr 13, 2014
Hey guys. I am sure this topic has been beat to death but I have a compete 2002 V6 Mustang that I can take any parts I want off. I have a 1990 Notch 5.0 5 speed. What Parts should I grab off this Mustang to swap onto my Fox? I was going to take the rear axle with brakes, front spindles with brakes, Master Cylinder and prop valve. Am I missing anything??
Thanks in advance!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The rear end is wider than your fox rear, but take the brakes. You can modify the mounting brackets to work, the only part you really need is an adapter for the connection between the hard and soft lines which can be had from any part store, but this is it specifically:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/brake-hose-adapter-fitting-sn-95-1979-1993/p/MMBAK4/

I paid $5.99 at O'reilly a few months ago per fitting.

And this is how you modify the bracket to work on the fox:
th

From there, all you need is some Ranger axles and you've got a rear disc and 5 lug swap.

One last thing - grab the A Arms off the front too. The ball joints are different and you will not have to run a spacer like you would on the fox arms.

The ball joints are not meant to be replaced on foxes, so in this case, it is best to just swap arms entirely.

I have heard of people tack welding ball joints in when they try and replace them and they are so loose they slide in. I definitely wouldn't recommend that, even though it may/may not be how my car is currently being operated.

How much wider is the rear? If it's not too much wider, I still might swap it over and just get the fenders rolled out. But the rear will bolt directly in? And if i don't take the spindles, will the 5 lug upgrade be enough?

The rear end is wider than your fox rear, but take the brakes. You can modify the mounting brackets to work, the only part you really need is an adapter for the connection between the hard and soft lines which can be had from any part store, but this is it specifically:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/brake-hose-adapter-fitting-sn-95-1979-1993/p/MMBAK4/

I paid $5.99 at O'reilly a few months ago per fitting.

And this is how you modify the bracket to work on the fox:
th

From there, all you need is some Ranger axles and you've got a rear disc and 5 lug swap.
What year Rangers??

How much wider is the rear? If it's not too much wider, I still might swap it over and just get the fenders rolled out. But the rear will bolt directly in? And if i don't take the spindles, will the 5 lug upgrade be enough?

What year Rangers??

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...5-lug-brake-conversion-upgrade-thread.801400/
This thread will answer questions about the swap parts more accurately than I can. The information that I gave above in the first response is the method that I used to put rear disc brakes on my '90 coupe. Hope this helps.

you don't want the 99+ rear. It's too wide. Take the brake parts (rotors, calipers, brackets) but leave the axle shafts and brake lines. You'll need to get 94-95 rear soft lines, and either the 94-98 axles or ranger 5-lug axles if you want to modify the brake setup to stock width.

Grab the booster, leave the MC. It's metric so adapting to it will be tricky. It's a 1" bore MC like the 1993 cobra, but unless you have a knack for flaring brake lines, you don't want it.

The front control arms are too wide. They are almost 1" wider than fox lines, but without changing the upper strut mount point, youwill just create a situation with a ton of camber if you use those arms