5 lug spare tire cobra brakes 15 or 16 inch

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
ive found some 15 inch spares on ebay, will that fit over the rear brakes? i know it wont over the front, thats a 13 inch rotor, but will a 15 cover the rear cobra brakes? or does it need to be 16? my tire sizes are the same so i can always move a rear wheel up front and put the spare on the back if needs be.

• Sponsors (?)

15" will fit on the rear. 11.65 cobra brakes will fit inside a 15" steel wheel.

Are you sure? A lot of people run GT brakes when they want to run 15" drag wheels, at least that's what I thought? If not, I'll be going Cobra disc in the rear but I want to run a 15" drag wheel. Still haven't found out which(if any) of the 15" wheels clear the cobra disc in the rear.

If i had a jack with me, i would have test fit the 15" spare i have on my rear Cobra brakes tonight.

I'll try it this weekend if i can remember to take the jack when i go visit my car.

Change the tire and it might.

The S197's use a different wheel diameter. Of course defeats the purpost of buying a cheap spare when you need to buy a tire for it. Might as well get a Cobra spare then

Change the tire and it might.

The S197's use a different wheel diameter. Of course defeats the purpost of buying a cheap spare when you need to buy a tire for it. Might as well get a Cobra spare then

That was my idea for getting a budget spare, would not have thought it would have had such a large diameter though.