5-Speed/Auto Catback Differences?

slonlow2000

Jul 21, 2009
Alright so I've been searchin around the net looks for parts and mod for these cars. I've seen a few times catbacks being listed as Mustang GT 5-speed. I'm guess this means will only fit a 5-speed car. My question is whats the differnce between the too, and why are some catbacks for both, and some are not.

I just found a bassani used on craigslist, but its being advertised for a 5 speed car. Will this not work at all on my auto?

• Sponsors (?)

Alright thanks guys, sorry for all the newb questions. I hate being "THAT" guy startin a bunch of threads about random things, but I didnt see anything around about why they advertised like that.

So you guys say headers are the only problem, mid pipes are fine then?

Any catback should fit on any V8 mustang regardless of transmission, because the catback is installed well behind the trans. I've never heard of a catback being advertised for manual cars only, and such a restriction doesn't make sense.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with asking questions, and there is no need to apologize. We all have to start somewhere! :SNSign:

Thanks, heres a few pick of the one I was talkin about. What do you guys think. Its a BBK O/R mid pipe, and a Bassani Catback, but they've been welded together.

Attachments

• parts_213[1].jpg
    parts_213[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 82
  • parts_214[1].jpg
    parts_214[1].jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 74