5 speed pedal assembly install

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh: I so happen to believe that I'm the luckiest person on earth. EVERYONE says they had a hard time installing the 5 speed pedal assembly, but I did mine in less than a half hour. I don't know of any "special" tricks I used, I was just kind of abusive with it I guess. I don't take no bull**** :rlaugh:. I didn't remove anything but the old pedal assembly. I hooked up the connectors that suppose to be the clutch position sensor, but it still doesnt work. not a big deal. I like it actually because if you are fooling with the car say on the passenger side, you can still start the car w/o putting the clutch in. Just be sure to have it out of gear :D

its not too hard to do, just kinda an aquward working space

remove the drivers seat!! makes it so much easier

theres 4 bolts that hold the assembly in place. the plug for the clutch pedal should be hanging there (all cars came max wired)

i drove around for about a month with the 5 speed pedals when i still had my automatic.

it was kinda funny going through tech inspection at the autocross track with the pedals. the guy was confused but let me by anyways :nice:

also before you put them in its a good idea to go with an aftermarket quadrant

and if you do go with one, remove the stock plastic garbage, install the pedals then put the new quatrant on. makes the pedals go in a lot easier

its NOT a hard install, i don't see what all the fuss is... just remove the drivers seat. and install the after-market quadrant while the pedal assembly is out of the car. just unbolt the auto pedals from the firewall/ brake booster. (i taped the booster to the firewall to hold it in place. take the rubber plug out from the firewall that lines up with the clutch pedal. undo the brake on/off switch and pin along with the plunger on the booster. and i believe there is also a bolt on the top of the pedal assembly bracket. DO NOT remove the dash or column... if this job takes you a little time, just take a breather and regain some patience and use a little persuasion and maneuvering. also as a side note... make sure any loose wires and harnesses aren't being pinched when u put the new assembly in. i had one pinched where i could not see and shorted out my brake lights/turn signals, and cruise control every time i stepped on the breaks.:nonono: good luck man. i'd give it an hour and a half job MAX. and use a flashlight instead of a shop light, it gets hot down there.
on a side note, i see other members suggesting putting the quad in after the pedals are installed. it WILL make the pedals go in easier, but i would rather install all of that before the assembly is in the car and was able to install all of it with little trouble.