5-speed pedal swap

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
i am swapping my pedal assy. for my aod to 5-speed swap. i noticed on my aod pedal assy there is what looks to me like a vacum operated switch. And on the 5-speed pedal assy there is just a switch.

my question is, what do i do with the vacum hose?

• Sponsors (?)

94-95s have the vac switch and the 96-98 pedals do not. Any chance your pedals are not from a 94-95 GT/Cobra?

FWIW, if things get tight, dropping the steering shaft completely out of the interior helps a LOT. The write-ups I saw didnt mentioned completely getting it out of the footwell, and since it only takes a minute to disconnect it at the rack, it's worth it to make the pedal box go in faster.

Good luck.

You mean the one in this picture?

IMG_1164.JPG

That switch is for the cruise control. Just transfer the switch and any other needed parts over to the 5-speed assy. There should be a spot to mount the switch the same way it is on the AODE pedal assy.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 109
i have taken some pictures myself. i want to know if i have the right pedals. there is no spot to put the vac switch on my 5 speed pedal. is there a way to make this work

Attachments

• DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00044.jpg
    DSC00044.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 82
ok this sucks. i went and looked at a picture 94-95 pedals and turns out that i have a set for a new mustang. This really blows because i have to drop the car off in a few days and i need to have all the parts.

Is there anyway to make this switch work or am i screwed.

your the man. all is well now.

i hope you didn't dive under the car to take that picture on my account. if you did that was cool of ya. i owe ya one

Easy enough top take photos, just stick a digital camera under the dash - no need to crawl under there. :nice: Sorry to hear about the wrong pedal assembly, I don't know if you can swap things around and make it work. The best bet is to put off the swap and get the right pedal set. :shrug: