5 speed swap for 91 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

It's outlined in my progress thread...but that thread is probably 500+ replies long, and doubt you have time to read all that

EDIT: Kabuki's thread is much cleaner :)

Or, just find a pedal assy. and come to ohio and take my stuff for your AOD stuff....
I have one good T5 left, and at the rate my car is killing them, i dont want to put it in.

I am on my 4th one this year.... V8 T5's aren't getting any cheaper.....

dont do it too much work just put a manuel shift valve body in your auto matic it will be just like a manuel

Not even close to the same.

That's like saying all these new cars with automatics and manual shift ability it like driving a stick.

After 5 minutes of using it, i feel stupid and put it back in Auto.

Real manual trans has a clutch and a more direct feel when driving.

Not even close to the same.

That's like saying all these new cars with automatics and manual shift ability it like driving a stick.

After 5 minutes of using it, i feel stupid and put it back in Auto.

Real manual trans has a clutch and a more direct feel when driving.

A Manual valve body vs. todays Autos with Manual ability are nothing alike. Today's cars transmissions are ran by a computer and won't let you shift them the way you want. A Manual valve body in a C6 means it goes in whatever gear you put it in, you can start out in third, or downshift to first at 100 if you want. Kinda why the new cars are computer controlled, so the human doesn't make an error.