5 speed swap - parts list

SN95StangMan

Jul 5, 2003
Lynwood, CA
Well, after long debating Ive decided to do a 5 speed swap on the stang. I think I might miss my AODE for a little bit, but the Gforce Ill be putting in should do well with my future plans.

Anyway, Ive gathered 5 speed swap parts over the last year and was wondering what else I might be missing.

Heres my list,

-tranny
-94/95 bellhousing
-block plate
-flywheel
-clutch assembly
-clutch fork
-clutch cable
-quadrant
-firewall adjuster
-shifter boot/ bezel
-lower shift boot
-shifter
-t4m0 - (i have a tweecer, should I just run the necessary tune on my stock ecu or swap the t4mo in there for good measure?)
-t5 harness

I get the feeling im misssing something but I cant think of it. I would have searched but im on my damn phone and cant. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, gonna have an edge converter for sale soon, freshened up a week ago, PM if interested, lol.

Thanks. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Got that. Clutch pedals included in the pedal assembly.
ahh,was not on your list.

for the 5 speed,the bolt holes on the exhaust hanger plate(that bolts to the tranny)are in a different location.
contact The_Mustang here,i think he can tell you how to modify the aode plate to work with the 5 speed.

also the obvious,
throw out bearing
pilot bearing
also you will need to open up the hole in the tranny tunnel alittle,so you need something to cut that with.
use the lower shift boot as a guide.

Little stuff like the RMS (might as well do it), the flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts and dowels (for the flywheel and for the bell-to-block [you might be able to reuse your old ones]).

Clutch cable retention clip, Shifter bushing (goes on the bottom of your shift handle and into the shifter block in the top of the trans.

Hissin, I got all the hardware so far except for the bolts that hold the bell to the trans.
Clutch cable retention clip. Thats a new one to me. I bought the clutch cable/quadrant/adjuster package from MM, do you think that will include a new clip? What's the purpose of the clip.

As for RMS, I have one ready, but I just dropped my AODE last week and I was amazed that the RMS wasn't leaking. It's only 2 years old, but I guess I finally installed one properly. Lol