50 resto seat covers

88_GT_5_oh

Sportin' a turbo 5.0 in Canadistan
Jul 4, 2004
WPG/MB/CA
anybody have these in there car? i am looking at possibly getting the vinyl ones just for a different look. how good do these look? i may end up just getting cloth if the vinyl looks like ****. i am looking at what the quality and apperance is like. newer mustang seats are out of the question cause i would like to keep a stockish looking interior

these are the ones i am looking at
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=DI-VNLFULL 1&comp=LRS

anyone know if these are just the front seats?

• Sponsors (?)

These arent the 50resto kit but they are vinyl. Im sure theyll look something like mine. I couldnt imagine having cloth interior in my car, yuck!

1003352ev6.jpg

Attachments

• 1003352ev6.jpg
    1003352ev6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 42
I love cloth interior. I've had leather and vinyl before and a good cloth is better IMO. dont burn or freeze my nutz. I really want some wet okole neoprene covers. that would be hawt.

stykthyn said:
I love cloth interior. I've had leather and vinyl before and a good cloth is better IMO. dont burn or freeze my nutz. I really want some wet okole neoprene covers. that would be hawt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Agreed.. all my interior is mint! burn hole in the trunk, flew back in and i didnt know!

go out and find a set of 95+ leather in your color they all bolt right in and look much better.

I bought my 02' black GT seats for 350$ for the whole set, just to give you an idea

donn't newer seats sit higher? i would really like to keep the original style seats though

MOB - i remember you saying before that you had those seats done by a upolstry guy right? maybe i will look into some places around town that do this kinda stuff

thanks guys

94-98 GT leather seats are the most comfortable Mustang seats out there in my opinion. I have 01 GT leather seats in my 5.0 and can say I wish I had gone with 94-98 seats.

I would say go to upholstery shops and see what they say for pricing.

I bought the leather seats about 2 years ago. They are unbelievably awesome. They are not really covers. You rip off the old leather and c clamp the new leather onto the foam and wire skeleton. Took about 4 hours to do the two front seats and back seat of a 91 vert. Best thing about the leather was you could customize it in any color you wanted. I got a grey/black combo with yellow GT lettering in the headrests. $900 but it made my interior like new. The seats are very well crafted with the foam stiched in exactly like the originals. Email me at [email protected] if you want some pictures.

RS200 said:
Keith, have you ever seen my red GT vert? It has the 5.0Resto seat covers (white vinyl)..good stuff, and easy to install at home.

sweet. i am pretty sure i am gonna be gettign these vinyl ones.

whats funny is my "winter cleanup" on the car has turned into a full blown project of its own

unless you get seats from a convertible the rears should go in with little to no modification. it all depends how happy you are with the fit.

Yea my dad knew the guy who did it so Im sure he got a deal. The rear was done aswell, heres a pic.

06f5615b.jpg

Attachments

• 06f5615b.jpg
    06f5615b.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 47
see thats how i want my inteior to look (except grey) these worn out cloth seats just arn't cutting it. your interior looks mint MOB.

and RS200 (can't remmeber your name) it would be nice to see your seats, do you have any pics or maybe i could take a look at them in person sometime