$50 Rustoleum Paint Job?

projectfiveo

Aug 30, 2005
Lol sorry Ive just discovered this, and seen a view videos on you-tube on it. Saw some stangs painted on there as well. Just wondering if anyone has tried it. Some cars look actually really good to be painted with a roller..lol Post pics if you got em.

• Sponsors (?)

I was tempted to use POR-15 engine paint to paint my car. Its protects against UV. the paint is self leveling and looks like its been sprayed when done. Heres an engine i did with a brush.

PICT1254.jpg

PICT1261.jpg

A guy I work with painted a fifty-something truck with the Rustoleum. It turned out good considering the truck it's on. I know that he spent a lot of time sanding, buffing and applying numerous coats. If you were going to put it on a older vehicle that you didnt want an above average paint on than go for it, if you want a good job than keep saving for a better spray job.

Im gonna try it out too. Basically, its like anything else. If you got the time, go ahead, if you got the money, do a spray job. Most either have the time or the money. Few lucky to have both. Lots dont have either lol

Im gonna try it out too. Basically, its like anything else. If you got the time, go ahead, if you got the money, do a spray job. Most either have the time or the money. Few lucky to have both. Lots dont have either lol

almost made this my sig^lol,
according to my research this stuff wont stick to fiberglass, and idk about the plastic moldings we all love....also the 50 paint job has moved into the future; marine topside paint(rustoleum makes this as well)it is more uv resistant and has more gloss/shine.:shrug: but the colors are limited either way and im trying to find out if you can customize these colors:shrug::shrug:...
if i can find a sonic blue rip off i will def do it, if not im going to stick to gray/silver.... i plan to attempt this soon but like metnioned above time is the key and i dont have too much, as well as patience,but for the cost to try i am def going for it.....:flag:

The thing about this is...you can get cheap tractor paint for $40-60 a gallon and a cheap spray gun and you might spend a tad more but you'll get it done in a fraction of the time and probably a lot less wet sanding in the end. You've gotta do the prep work either way. You might spend less in paint but i can guarantee you'll spend the difference in sandpaper and time compared to doing a spray job yourself. The only advantage is not needing a spray booth...but really you CAN spray a car outside if you water down all the surrounding areas so there's no dust and get it done ASAP and pray there's not a lot of bugs.