500 hp?

• Sponsors (?)

Easiest route is a 347 for a 302 base but I suggest a 351 base stroker. Another reason being that 450-500 is block splitting range for the HO block though some are able to get away with it.... generally accepted for being on borrowed time though. You will need some good heads... AFR's come to mind... maybe some ported TFS heads... Your cam won't be very friendly on the street... Long tube headers. You sticking with EFI or going carb?
Kevin

351 based stroker (408) afr 205 heads vic jr intake and a custom cam. You may even need the afr 225 heads. Check out muscl mustang's and fast ford's adverticing there is a company there that builds this combo engine and gets 550 ponies out of it. I have my doubts about how pleasurable this engine would be to drive day in day out.

I'm looking for a combo that would get me about 500 hp w/out a power adder for a 90 gt. what can i do besides h/c/i? Is stroking it with good pistons etc. gonna give me hp?

I think in his original post he realizes he needs at LEAST H/C/I, and he is asking what else he needs. I don't think he is asking to make 500hp with stock heads, cam, and intake.

While I don't have any experience in the 500hp neighborhood, I know it's easier (and possibly cheaper) to get there with a supercharger.

with alot of compression(forget about pump gas),crazy cam(hardly streetable),and twisting it to 9,000rmp(DART block or eqquivalant) it could be done but it will cost you so like jchalfan said it will be cheaper going the blower/turbo/spray route. Check out some of NMRA's hot street cars. All motor baby!!!:nice:

Well my setup is about 450 hp n/a I have a 306 with a comp cams extreme energy 276hr cam with 9.13:1 compression a single plane victor junior with a 650 demond carb and a set of afr 185 heads and a few other tricks done but If I want to take it to the 500 hp level I would have to go to about 11.0:1 compression and maybe a little work with the heads. Check out afr's website under articles they have all kinds of test that are dyno proven and make some serious hp. My setup will be pretty street friendly but you will definetly have to get used to the cam with a stick car. But get ready to dish out about 2500-3500 for the motor. because the heads are 1400 alone + cam+Induction ++++.

Well my setup is about 450 hp n/a I have a 306 with a comp cams extreme energy 276hr cam with 9.13:1 compression a single plane victor junior with a 650 demond carb and a set of afr 185 heads and a few other tricks done but If I want to take it to the 500 hp level I would have to go to about 11.0:1 compression and maybe a little work with the heads. Check out afr's website under articles they have all kinds of test that are dyno proven and make some serious hp. My setup will be pretty street friendly but you will definetly have to get used to the cam with a stick car. But get ready to dish out about 2500-3500 for the motor. because the heads are 1400 alone + cam+Induction ++++.

Let's see the dynograph cause a 306 with 9:1CR, AFR 185's and that small ass HR camshaft and any trick u got, pushing 380rwhp, that ain't happening.

302, good h/c/i, and boost. Have a really good tune, and hope you don't split the block.

That combo is probably around 320rwhp.

Let's see the dynograph cause a 306 with 9:1CR, AFR 185's and that small ass HR camshaft and any trick u got, pushing 380rwhp, that ain't happening.

http://airflowresearch.com/articles/article023/A23-P1.htm
The exact smae setup I have the cam is the exact same except the one in the article has 282 degrees of duration and mine has only 276 but if you ask anyone who has any bit of cam know they will tell you that after a point the more duration the further the power band is raised with no benfit to horsepower like in my case. By the way I never stated the rwhp just power at the fly.

http://airflowresearch.com/articles/article023/A23-P1.htm
The exact smae setup I have the cam is the exact same except the one in the article has 282 degrees of duration and mine has only 276 but if you ask anyone who has any bit of cam know they will tell you that after a point the more duration the further the power band is raised with no benfit to horsepower like in my case. By the way I never stated the rwhp just power at the fly.

That was an engine dyno. That does not transfer to the rear wheels.

It is also with no accessories which accounts for even more horsepower that you will not feel.

If we all judged hp by your method, we'd be a lot better off:)

That was an engine dyno. That does not transfer to the rear wheels.

It is also with no accessories which accounts for even more horsepower that you will not feel.

If we all judged hp by your method, we'd be a lot better off:)

Is it just me or what... I never said power to the rear wheels!! I understand you loose power throught the drivertrain. My method is the same as any other method that people use to rate the power at the flywheel its called a engine dyno The only assecories I will be running is the altrenator and the p/s pump. So yes I may loose 20-30 hp. Most people when they say they want 450 hp are talking about at the flywheel and not worried about all the little things that take 1 or 2 hp away that you will never feel. So let me be more pacfic in my hp rating I will make 417.9996782469 hp to the fly wheel on a monday at 12:32.39 P.M. april 22nd at 12ft above sea level in west palm beach FL when it is 91 degrees out. is that better.