$500 To "smoke anything out there". Sure thing riceboy.

EN7

Aug 11, 2005
MI
Last night 08/25 I was cruising with a friend at a local mall in my moms 95 GT convertible (the 17k mile crown jewel of our driveway). When out of nowhere I hear a fart can on a four cylinder revving up. I look around to see a red DSM eclipse (no signs it was a turbo, the biggest clue was the absence of a whine to the engine), with a mild body kit and chrome tail lights. Naturally I see an opportunity to kick some ricer ass. I started doing a brake stand and whipped the back end around in a cloud of smoke to face him, when I was promptly given a 'HELL YEAH!" from some redneck rumbling by in his big ass Chevy truck. :D

So I follow rice boy to a parking space where we can chat. He says he’s running a 2.2 (then later he says 2.0) turbo /w nitrous and he wants to race for money. I said I race for fun not cash, but I’d like to see what’s sitting under his hood. To which he replied "no way man, I don't let anyone know my secrets, next thing I know, you might tell your ricer friends"...

Ok, so we sit and chat about cars for a few minutes, and I tell him about my 94 GT coupe (currently with a blown out clutch.). And he says he rebuilds engines and could make my coupe "smoke anything out there for $500". :bs:

My Bull**** detector went off, the sound in my head was deafening, "smoke anything out there for $500". :rlaugh: Please tell me it is impossible as I suspect, if not, I think I'm going to have someone else do work on my car from now on.

Anyone else find this as funny as I do?

• Sponsors (?)

Funny that hes that stupid but I wouldn't have wasted my time with him. Import guys like that, I REFUSE to acknowledge them as performance enthusiasts. I try to treat them as dirt. Now there are quite a few that do care about performance and don't spout off bs like that. Them I'll actually acknowledge.

wytstang said:
Used N2O kit will put most cars in the losing end for under $500 but not all stock cars (03/04 cobra) will bow down.

That's what I was thinking. Or you could run a huge shot of N2O for one run. To quote my cousin, "Oh, Im sure I could beat ya, but only for one run."

EN7 said:
Last night 08/25 I was cruising with a friend at a local mall in my moms 95 GT convertible (the 17k mile crown jewel of our driveway). When out of nowhere I hear a fart can on a four cylinder revving up. I look around to see a red DSM eclipse (no signs it was a turbo, the biggest clue was the absence of a whine to the engine), with a mild body kit and chrome tail lights. Naturally I see an opportunity to kick some ricer ass. I started doing a brake stand and whipped the back end around in a cloud of smoke to face him, when I was promptly given a 'HELL YEAH!" from some redneck rumbling by in his big ass Chevy truck. :D

So I follow rice boy to a parking space where we can chat. He says he’s running a 2.2 (then later he says 2.0) turbo /w nitrous and he wants to race for money. I said I race for fun not cash, but I’d like to see what’s sitting under his hood. To which he replied "no way man, I don't let anyone know my secrets, next thing I know, you might tell your ricer friends"...

Ok, so we sit and chat about cars for a few minutes, and I tell him about my 94 GT coupe (currently with a blown out clutch.). And he says he rebuilds engines and could make my coupe "smoke anything out there for $500". :bs:

My Bull**** detector went off, the sound in my head was deafening, "smoke anything out there for $500". :rlaugh: Please tell me it is impossible as I suspect, if not, I think I'm going to have someone else do work on my car from now on.

Anyone else find this as funny as I do?

No man he is right, all you need is NAWZZZZZ at least a 300 shot and your set!!!

The thing I found funny, that most people have overlooked is that the ricer instigated a race with the rev of an engine. You then replied with your brake stand and whipped the car around (more or less saying you could take him). But you chickened out because you don't race for money??? Racing isn't free. Parts cost money. Breakages cost money (its gonna happen). Upkeep cost money.

I only race for fun not money...that is the oldest excuse in the book.

I give it up to the ricer...he punked you.

Camaros4Life said:
The thing I found funny, that most people have overlooked is that the ricer instigated a race with the rev of an engine. You then replied with your brake stand and whipped the car around (more or less saying you could take him). But you chickened out because you don't race for money??? Racing isn't free. Parts cost money. Breakages cost money (its gonna happen). Upkeep cost money.

All I got to say is that Camaros suck!!!

Camaros4Life said:

Point well taken, but is it his fault if I blow a piston, or my fault if he blows one? No, If his engine blows up, well that sucks, keep your money and find a new one. Something goes wrong, and I loose, I have a broken car and I'm out however much I owe him. Why is it that anytime, a ricer want's to race, it's let's see the money. Last muscle car owner I chalenged felt the same way I do. We race for the pure love of the sport. I'm sick of this ricer mantality of "what's in it for me?", a little well earned respect and some pride in the car you've created, that's what.

BTW: How old are you? Nevermind, what I'd realy like to know is what you accualy drive.

I have a 68 RS/SS Camaro that my dad bought new and I now own. Thats why my username is that plus I thought the name would create a stir, which I was correct about, lol. I have an 03 Cobra (my wifes daily driver) and an 03 Powerstroke (my daily driver). As for your first question I am 46 and I am an electronics systems engineer for Microsoft. I also support my nephews 91 stang which he races locally.

You have your opinion on it, I have mine. I love the sport also as you can tell from above. But who has to say it has to be an outrageous amount of money. If its more than you want to race for negotiate it, make him put up or shut up. Don't let not wanting to race for a few bucks earn you a negative standing within your peers. Trust me I don't like the ricers either.

Camaros4Life said:
I have a 68 RS/SS Camaro that my dad bought new and I now own. Thats why my username is that plus I thought the name would create a stir, which I was correct about, lol. I have an 03 Cobra (my wifes daily driver) and an 03 Powerstroke (my daily driver). As for your first question I am 46 and I am an electronics systems engineer for Microsoft. I also support my nephews 91 stang which he races locally.

You have your opinion on it, I have mine. I love the sport also as you can tell from above. But who has to say it has to be an outrageous amount of money. If its more than you want to race for negotiate it, make him put up or shut up. Don't let not wanting to race for a few bucks earn you a negative standing within your peers. Trust me I don't like the ricers either.

You take all that time to write that, but you don't update your profile? :nice:
I suppose I could have gone for some low dollar amount. Either way I should't abuse that car, It is my mom's after all, come to think of it, I should't have done that brake stand.

Camaros4Life said:

I don't know about you gentlemen...

It's always difficult to separate the gibberish from the facts...

My last message was edited :(

lucky for you camero person microsoft whatever kinda guy

lucky you indeed... it was funny too :rlaugh: