$500, what to get?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it looks like it's going to be the iPhone.

It's kind of like a savings account, it helps me make money.
I will use it for work, I can write it off for my business, and I'm getting $200 towards it for Christmas. So as much as I want the exhaust, I guess that can wait. I may get some gift certs. towards car parts too. Plus my car is an 02 with 6,700 miles on it. So I just need to drive it more. I just sold my motorcycle, so that will help with drive time on the stang.

I'll let you know my iPhone experience.
I'm hoping for a good one.

You can do all that with a $50 pre-paid phone from wal-mart.

The Iphone will be half price in 6 months. Not to mention, and Im sure the salesperson didnt, the Iphone 2.0 comes out Jan.-Feb. , so you just bought old technology.

My opinion. Buy some FMS 4.10's.

You can thank me later.

I highly doubt you have all the functionality of an iPhone from a $50 Walmart phone.
Not to mention the amount of use/time. But yes, as soon as you buy anything dealing with technology, it's outdated at that moment. Because there is always something coming out next. I've worked with computers for over 20yrs, I get it.

Gears would be a nice choice too.

Honestly, if you want the IPhone I would consider an alternative, but hey...it's your call. The phone is just too expensive, when there are other phones that are more reasonable and probably can do most of the stuff you need. I don't like the IPhone also because it's strictly At&t, which I'm not a fan of. Sure you can be crafty and find a way to unlock it, but I'm not wanting to mess with that. Drop the price a couple hundred, offer it to more providers and I'll be at the store.

But all in all, I've played with my friends and it's pretty sweet, so enjoy it..and hopefully it helps with work. I guess with that being said, it's better than investing in car parts that wont help make money.

Connectivity on the go is important, although i was gonna suggest getting the rims or some 4.10s also :D

I don't leave home without my Blackberry. My friend just got an iPhone about a month ago. That phone is pretty damn sweet i must say, but for the money, the BB is a lot cheaper and has almost all the same features.

You can do all that with a $50 pre-paid phone from wal-mart.
Incorrect. That $50 pre-paid Wal-mart phone doesn't allow you to SSH into your remote servers and program on it using vi inside the server. This is one thing that the iPhone allowed me to do on-the-go. It also allowed me to use the EDGE internet connectivity on my laptop wherever I had an EDGE signal. Yes, other phones can do this, but can they do it without connecting the phone to your laptop?

The Iphone will be half price in 6 months. Not to mention, and Im sure the salesperson didnt, the Iphone 2.0 comes out Jan.-Feb. , so you just bought old technology.
Correct about the "old technology," but incorrect about the "iPhone 2.0." Analysts expect a 2nd generation iPhone around June 2008. The product that is expected to hit the market in January/February 2008 is an ultra-portable. Oh yeah, check this out too. What's #1?

Connectivity on the go is important ... I don't leave home without my Blackberry.
+1, if I was still in the states, I'd have both my Blackberry and my iPhone. iPhones are just way too expensive to use in Canada due to the lack of unlimited data plans.

... the BB is a lot cheaper and has almost all the same features.
My Blackberry 8700r was $549.99 directly from Rogers. The Blackberry doesn't have/target the same user-base as the iPhone. The iPhone third-party applications have surpassed Blackberry by afar. The bottom line is that the iPhone is the first phone of it's kind. It it highly extensible, provides use to the novice, or even the expert. It's interface is a no-brainer. It took me a while to learn how to use my Blackberry way back in the day. But as for a business model, the Blackberry is a much better phone. Oh yeah, what's Blackberry's alternative to this?