500rwhp how-to write-up w/ sq-trim

• Sponsors (?)

i still need to post a few pictures and my dyno sheet ...jpc moved to a bigger shop and i need to drop the car back off to them to adjust the tune the car is needs a new tune after all the things the fixed on it also ...

that crazy hard feeling i am getting up top i need to chk and make sure its not the clutch slipping i will have justin look at it once i get the car back to them..

last thing i have got to get that dam car raised in the front its bottoming out baddly smacking the oil pan is not good :eek:

My 2V with S-Trim and Livernois heads/cams hit 643rwhp at 6000 rpm's before the fuel pump gave up and trashed a piston. I'm guessing that it should 700 with 100 octane and 575 with 91 octane or better. I was thinking of getting the blower upgraded before I saw the numbers but now I'm going to have to wait until I replace the tranny and rear-end because they aren't long for this world with those kind of numbers.

ya i know this is an old post but i started it so :D

ok just a little update jpc tunes the car to 528/480 @6200 rpms with a redline of 6500rpms

then they found some problems with the pulley spinning but not turning the blower and the stock alt. not keeping up the correct voltage at higher rpms

so they completed the fixes but the car needed to be retuned

anyways i have the car dynoed today at another shop just to get an idea about what the car maybe doing since the fix

the car laid down 576rwhp/450rwtq @ 6800 rpms

it put down 581rwhp @ 7000rpms and the little blower was still pulling
but the dyno guy noticed a little dip in power were the fuel needed to be increased @6900rpms so for now i am happy and i almost never run the car pass 6500 rpms

so once i get in touch with jpc i will be going with an 8-rib set up and a carbonite 2.8 pulley thats down from the 2.9 i am using now

i also noticed that i am only seeing 14psi on all 3 dyno runs
dyno was done on a dynapack
i will post the dyno when i get a chance

for this year i am thinking how hard would it be for me to hit the 600+ with this little sq-trim

i still could use an : upper intake,retune,2.8 pulley,8-rib,maybe a little race gas
that should net me min. 20hp well we will see

just as a side note :

stock motor
full exuast
vortech 3.60 (8psi)
mail order tune from (modular powerhouse)
stock redline 6000 rpms

hp 371whp/325wtq

upgraded to :

patriat stg 2 heads
mph blower camms
jpc tune

hp 446whp/455wtq @6200rpms

upgraded to :

2.9 pulley (14psi)
a few fixes mostly stiff i did not do correctly :(
still needs a retune

hp 576whp/450wtq @6800 rpms

so i still need jpc to retune the car for 7rpms and the fixes they made

ya i know this is an old post but i started it so :D

ok just a little update jpc tunes the car to 528/480 @6200 rpms with a redline of 6500rpms

then they found some problems with the pulley spinning but not turning the blower and the stock alt. not keeping up the correct voltage at higher rpms

so they completed the fixes but the car needed to be retuned

anyways i have the car dynoed today at another shop just to get an idea about what the car maybe doing since the fix

the car laid down 576rwhp/450rwtq @ 6800 rpms

it put down 581rwhp @ 7000rpms and the little blower was still pulling
but the dyno guy noticed a little dip in power were the fuel needed to be increased @6900rpms so for now i am happy and i almost never run the car pass 6500 rpms

so once i get in touch with jpc i will be going with an 8-rib set up and a carbonite 2.8 pulley thats down from the 2.9 i am using now

i also noticed that i am only seeing 14psi on all 3 dyno runs
dyno was done on a dynapack
i will post the dyno when i get a chance

for this year i am thinking how hard would it be for me to hit the 600+ with this little sq-trim

i still could use an : upper intake,retune,2.8 pulley,8-rib,maybe a little race gas
that should net me min. 20hp well we will see

Great numbers

I think dynapacks read a higher because there's no tire slip.

thxs jive's how is your car running ?

and what was the most you were able to get out of that sq-trim before you got the t-trim

I was using a V1 S-trim, which is slightly less efficient than the SQ, but only like 1-2%. Plus it's internal gear ratio is not as steep, and requires one pulley size smaller pulley, to make the same boost.

598 @ 16.5psi 6250rpm at big shot dyno in Columbus and 572 @17psi 6400 rpm at SGS (where I tune). both runs were on a dynojets and identical set ups. That shows the difference between 2 dynos of the same brand even. I went to Columbus to let Don Lasato tune it and with less timing and rpm made more power than SGS. SGS has always read lower than other dynojets (it's really old but still works as well for tuning).

Plus I like their service and Dave Guys tunes. Besides ET at the track shows true weight to hp Ratio. When I was only 516 and on very cold dry day I trapped a 130.69 at Hagerstown MD's 500' track. I averaged mid 120's on pittsburghs track @ 1300' in th summer. I would like to get to cecil or mir because they're faster tracks.

I'm still running a street blower cam so I figure there's a slight bottle neck.

MPH reported a 626 S-trim 4.6 2v. Plus theirs a guy running an e85 10:1 compression and a lot of timing make like 640-650 on a 2v 4.6.
626rwhp 560TQ - MPH Forums

After a while it just makes since to move on because you're also battling extreme iat's. The S-trim is probably the best entry level SC made until the Si came out and can be well over spun, but there's a limit for that also. If I would have more aggressive camsdegreed and the TFS intake I have know I think I could have seen 640 with it.

I plan spinning the T-trim hard, so right now I'm installing a Water/aclhy kit. It's the AIS Trunk mount stage 2 competition kit. That comes with the progressive controller and I opted for the TRI nozzle/jet upgrade. Under the advisement of Rodney, the very knowledgeable owner off the company.

One small nozzle before the compressor and 2 small ones after. Using one before the SC helps to nip some of the temps in the bud, so to speak, especially if you plan on spinning the pooh out of the SC as I plan to lol. Also it helps control heat soak at the head unit. Then my FMIC sees less temps and it can work more efficently. Then finally to top it off you have the last 2 jets to bring down the temps to almost ambient and add sweet octane at the same time. Further reducing the odds for spark knock. I wish I would have purchased one a long time ago.

Here's link if you care to research it. Maybe something in your future? Then you could really push that Sq-trim. Maybe be the first person to break 660 with a S-trim. Right now like I said I run mild undegreed cams that worked well clear from 431 to almost 700. So right now I want to see how much hp these cams will support. They're HP S292 cam the S stands for street. The also make a HP R292 and in hind sight I wish I would have had purchased those.

The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
stage_1_trunk_lg.jpg

500 S-trim set ups are simple S-trim, 12-14 psi, good blower cams( mine weren't even degreed running stock valve springs), full exhaust, TB/plenum, ebay ic set up, good tune ta da!!! Fuel upgrades and maf/support mods of course.

sweet thxs for the info bro kit looks good and its cheaper then going with the t-trim just yet .:D

i looked into the differnces with the dyno's and the dynometer reads high so i may not be at 576 more like 550-560 but as you said the trap speed at the track will give me a better understanding of were i am at

if i can trap 130 like you were doing that should put me in the low 11-high 10's slot

i will be going to capital on sunday to get an idea of were i stand

i have made my mind up on it i am going to get every bit of hp out of that sq-trim i can

upper intake, methol kit and a smaller pulley on the way

sweet thxs for the info bro kit looks good and its cheaper then going with the t-trim just yet .:D

i looked into the differnces with the dyno's and the dynometer reads high so i may not be at 576 more like 550-560 but as you said the trap speed at the track will give me a better understanding of were i am at

if i can trap 130 like you were doing that should put me in the low 11-high 10's slot

i will be going to capital on sunday to get an idea of were i stand

i have made my mind up on it i am going to get every bit of hp out of that sq-trim i can

upper intake, methol kit and a smaller pulley on the way

Like I said the 130 was in ideal conditions almost since it's harder to hook up in cold weather but you make so much more power some what of a trade a off 126 was it's average in the summer. So far in the summer time the best I have trapped is 133 with new combo This time of the year at capitail city should show some good et's and traps. Good luck 10's are probably in your future. I like drag racing just not great at it lol.

ok jives after 7 runs down the track the best i could do was :

60' ........1.972
330' .......5.612
1/8 ........8.35@92mph

1000' .....10.67
1/4 [email protected]

my 60' is killing me i am going to put in the 31 spline and a dual clutch in

the clutch feels like its slipping and not grabbin not sure if the stock tranny will hold up if i go with a stronger clutch but with out it i will never get the power to the ground

also looks like anything less then a 3.5k launch the car is bogging and i think my tune has a redline set for 6200 rpms in 4th
at wot in 4th gear near the end of the track the car is hitting a rev limiter. i can rev to 7k first 3 gears but 4th onto 6200 before the needle starts to bounce

my other 6 runs were

i used the sct tuner to remove the rev limit in drive but i am still hitting a wall in 4th gear

13.0@119mph
12.8@120mph
12.7@120mph
12.9@119mph
13.3@119mph
13.8@100mph
------------------------------

ok jives after 7 runs down the track the best i could do was :

60' ........1.972
330' .......5.612
1/8 ........8.35@92mph

1000' .....10.67
1/4 [email protected]

my 60' is killing me i am going to put in the 31 spline and a dual clutch in

the clutch feels like its slipping and not grabbin not sure if the stock tranny will hold up if i go with a stronger clutch but with out it i will never get the power to the ground

also looks like anything less then a 3.5k launch the car is bogging and i think my tune has a redline set for 6200 rpms in 4th
at wot in 4th gear near the end of the track the car is hitting a rev limiter. i can rev to 7k first 3 gears but 4th onto 6200 before the needle starts to bounce

my other 6 runs were

i used the sct tuner to remove the rev limit in drive but i am still hitting a wall in 4th gear

13.0@119mph
12.8@120mph
12.7@120mph
12.9@119mph
13.3@119mph
13.8@100mph
------------------------------

Sounds like you have a huge traction prob just like me lol. That's why you pick up 30 mph on the big end easy shift from 3rd to fourth very little boost lost. I can't speed shift.

Watch the hitting a wall feeling. It can as be simple as spark blow out, rev limiter or more dangerous and you're going lean and 4th is where you usually see it. That's because you're in boost for so long.

I pushed mine that way one night at the track and it sparked knocked so hard it blew the #8 spark plug out and melted 7. The very first time back to the track after a new head change. I was pissed. Turned out being one or both cobra pumps starting to fall. I ran them hard for a several years with 40 amp bap.

Can you raise the rev limiter? The neutral and drive rev limiter are both user adjustable on my tuner. Raise the limiter to at least 7k and shift where you want under that.. I might be your only prob. I'm sure traps would come up also. In cool air that car should trap 125+. Good runs for the first time out.

maybe thats what i am getting jives because when i had the car dynoed it was in 4th gear and he had no problem going to 7k with it

seams i am only getting this wall feeling doing a hard run at the track when speed shifting

on the road i dont get it with just hitting the pedal in 4th for a few seconds

i will let my tuner at jpc know i may need to upgrade my ignition system

i kinda feel that i have power wise a low 11sec to high 10sec car here

so i am going to work hard to get may 60' down to 1.5 or so

i am thinking :

dual clutch
31 spline axles
??? differencal ??
retune and check for spark blow out on long boost runs

Good for you. I think the returnless is the best idea with the ability of the engine to rev. We also came up with idea to upgrade the fuel rails and then attach them together at the front and the back to keep the pressure consistent.