500rwhp Supercharged Musatng GT or 425rwhp GT500?

Simple question: Who would win in the 1/4 mile? A 2005+ 500 rwhp Supercharged mustang GT or a stock 500hp Mustang GT500?
The cobra has a little less rwhp and weighs more. I would say the mustang GT. What do you think?
I know the cobra has more potential, that's not the question.
Has anyone done, or seen this race before?

• Sponsors (?)

The GT clearly has the power to weight issue won, but it depends on traction and driver performance for the final say so. Torque between the 2 might be an issue as well.

According to Edmunds.com, the C6 tips the scales at 3179 lbs, the GT at 3356 and the Shelby GT 00 at 3920! How on earth does somebody expect the GT 500 in stock trim to even think about taking on a car that weighs 741 lbs LESS?!?!?!? :shrug:

Go with the GT and if you lose you have an extra $35,000 to console yourself....

I was at Bob Baker Ford yesterday here in San Diego and saw a GT500 with a $35,000 dollar mark up. I was laughing at it as one of the dealers came by. He of course asked if he could help and I said yeah, "drop the price of this $40,000 and I will take it home." He then proceeded to tell me how they are very high demand and that they cant discount it. I just laughed it off....

Yes, it is amazing how much the Shelby emblem is worth. Ford should regulate their dealers better. So it seems a stock GT with a $6k s/c will beat a gt500 twice it's price. That just doesn't seem right...

Go with the GT and if you lose you have an extra $35,000 to console yourself....

I was at Bob Baker Ford yesterday here in San Diego and saw a GT500 with a $35,000 dollar mark up. I was laughing at it as one of the dealers came by. He of course asked if he could help and I said yeah, "drop the price of this $40,000 and I will take it home." He then proceeded to tell me how they are very high demand and that they cant discount it. I just laughed it off....

Simple question: Who would win in the 1/4 mile? A 2005+ 500 rwhp Supercharged mustang GT or a stock 500hp Mustang GT500?
The cobra has a little less rwhp and weighs more. I would say the mustang GT. What do you think?
I know the cobra has more potential, that's not the question.
Has anyone done, or seen this race before?

your kidding right? the GT would be, guessing here, .3 to .5 sec quicker in the 1/4 than the GT500.. lighter and that extra 75 hp to the ground would really show..