550+ rwhp too much for a daily driver?

i have posted another thread saying how i might be swapping my stock 03 gt motor for a vortech 97 cobra motor with about 550 rwhp (when it was in his cobra). I haven't seen all the work about the motor, all i know is that it was built up right (all internals are forged), has different cams, work done to the heads and a vortech supercharger. I'm still trying to figure out if i can actually afford to buy this and have it put in my car/tuned but I'm also wondering if it's actually too much power for a daily driven car. i know, i sound like a nancy saying it's too much power, but will a car with that much power be too temperamental to be a reliable car?

so basically I'm asking if the swap is worth it (ease of install and reliability)

• Sponsors (?)

My car makes 455/457 on a 93 octane tune at 12.5 PSI, and it drives like a bone stock GT when not in boost. The car will soon be Whippled and retuned with fuel upgrades. On the street when not in boost, it's completely fine. Just keep your foot out of it and don't be John Force at every stop light. Oh, and get a high paying job to pay for gas. :D

As long as the car is properly tuned, no.

If it's a half ass build and shoddy tune, you will feel like your trying to pilot a top fuel dragster around. Fun for some? Maybe. Good for the car and the average driver? Nope.

I don't know, i tend to dissagree here.

If you put some aftermarket big high revving cams in, it will definitely effect driveability....can you say cam surge??? My car behaves pretty well on the street but i wouldnt go so far as to say it drives like stock...and it was tuned by one of the best in texas.

Now im not saying its not going to drive well and close to stock, but to say it drives exactly like stock is saying a lot imo...

the clutch was the only thing i actually thought would make a drivability issue but wanted to make sure other big hp stangs agreed. i don't think it has a real aggressive cam, I'm not expecting it to idle like a 60's muscle car that wants to choke out all the time unless you keep it reved up.

what clutch would y'all recommend for a good feel but that can handle the torque?