557 Shortblock on ebay...??

Lyncher

Jun 14, 2005
So ive been thinking a lot, and i should be getting my stang and starting my build this summer! I already have a pretty good amount saved up for it and the more i think about it, i think i wanna go with a big block! Ive been looking a few shortblocks and this seemed like a good deal to me. The only thing is im not sure which block it is and from what I have read there are big differences... What do you think of this shortblock and does anyone know what type of block it is and how much fwhp it can handel? Thanks I appreciate any help i can get! :nice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-...068878675QQcategoryZ33620QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Sponsors (?)

you beast. LOL, I think a big block fox is too much for the street. **** gas mileage and **** traction. But you do have your bronco don't you, so maybe its a good cheap way to make power.

grey5.0beast said:
you beast. LOL, I think a big block fox is too much for the street. **** gas mileage and **** traction. But you do have your bronco don't you, so maybe its a good cheap way to make power.

well its mostly a strip car and if all else fails ill swap the 5.0 from the bronco into the fox and the bbf into the bronco lol :nice: ...but im thinkin its the cheapest way to make the most power with the most potential. Im planning on minitubbing the rear and getting the 1.5" or 3" extended fenders so I could fit some more rubber under there too :D

How much are you willing to spend. My boss has a complete motor 509ci that went 7.71@173 in a Dragster. He's getting rid of it because he has to many motors. He has a 604ci in his car now and he just built a 598ci for a back up. I was going to buy his 509ci for my Falcon but instead I'm building a 521ci motor. The block on the e bay add looks to be a stock block. Because pretty much all aftermarket blocks come with screw in freeze plugs

90NotchBack said:
How much are you willing to spend. My boss has a complete motor 509ci that went 7.71@173 in a Dragster. He's getting rid of it because he has to many motors. He has a 604ci in his car now and he just built a 598ci for a back up. I was going to buy his 509ci for my Falcon but instead I'm building a 521ci motor.

I dont really wanna buy a complete motor..especially considering i would kill myself in that thing and theres no way it runs on pump gas lol. But i wanna learn and do most of the work myself :nice: Any info on hsi setup though? Thanks!

I'll start out with my dads combo because it the one I know most about. I know a lot about all of them just don't know all the cam spec and some other stuff because we are constantly changing things on them trying new stuff to see if it picks up or slows down. Here's my dads 503ci.Stock block. It has a Scat crank, Oliver Rods. Aluminum Cobra Jet heads. 11:5:1 compression Port 'O' Sonic intake. 1150 Dominator. Hooker Super Comp headers. The motor has Lunati cam. The lift is .647in .656ex. Duration @50 is 268in 278ex. Lobe separation 106.
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player...-317C-48D0-A798-3751E76E500E&t=recent&term=77
http://media.putfile.com/Test-n-tune-2
555942_113_full.jpg

The 509ci 4 bolt main aftermarket block. Scat crank, Oliver rods. It has A 460 head with a Super Victor intake. 14:5:1 compression.
555942_58_full.jpg

538ci 4 bolt main aftermarket block Scat crank, Oliver rods, It has Kasse Super Cobra Jet heads. 12:5:1 compression. Super Victor Intake
555942_25_full.jpg

598ci 4 bolt main aftermarket block Scat Crank, Oliver rods. It has EX-514 heads with a Super Victor Intake. 15:1 compression.
555942_115_full.jpg

604ci. Aluminum block. C 460 heads Super Victor intake that has a lot of work done to it. I don't know much about this motor.
http://videos.streetfire.net/comment/0/6891AD3B-D8DE-4FDD-97A6-ECC56316E231.htm
555942_119_full.jpg

thats awesome! thanks man! Which stock block is that in the First one? Is teh a D0VE or an earlier block? What kind of power is that pushing as well? Thanks!

90NotchBack said:
I don't really know what block it is but it doesn't matter really because it is half filled with block hardener. It puts out around 750hp.

Maybe im stupid but what is block hardener and how do you fill a block with it :shrug:

90NotchBack said:
Basically you fill the water jacket with concrete. Not to many people do it on street motors. If you go to this site and ask around you will get a lot of anwsers and people that can explain things better. I'm the type of person that I have to show someone what I'm talking about.
http://460ford.com/index.php?sid=3c7f42011f03b63edf5486ae0f0ca2b5

Thanks...ive been reading on that site for a few days no but havent signed up..i probably will tonight or tomorrow! Anyone else have any input on this shortblock? :D THANKS! :flag:

Hickfied said:
If I remember correctly.... The same seller offers a 514 shortblock, but with a new forged crank... May want to check that out :D

When I get a full time drag car, I will be using that sellers shortblock in it :D

Yeah I was also considering the 514, havent completely decided yet but both are basically the same rotating assembly aside from the crank :nice:

MORE OPINIONS PLEASE!!!