6.17 gears too much?

• Sponsors (?)

I started reading this thread and I miss alot of those guys from back in the day that don't post anymore. I don't think you should be allowed to leave stangnet. We should be like the mormons when people leave that religion. We should show up at their house and be like, "hey man, what's up? I think you should start posting on stangnet again. If you don't you'll go to hell and if you do, you can have many wives." Or something like that. Those mormons are on to something.

I think your onto something there :lol: :SNSign:

not even the top fuelers use that much gear. if i remember correctly they use like 2.73s or something like that.

yes and they blow through the quarter mile in a bit over 4 seconds at 300mph.

anything over 4.30 is a waste for any car that isnt purposely built for the track. besides, why would you take a nice car like a mach1, and race-prep it out? if youre gonna take all that time and effort, why not just start with a 6er if you were planning to rip out everything and start over?

tell her to come to teh SN and well let her in on a secret, HER MACH1 IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT HER DADDY GREW UP WITH! that tall a gear would be dandy with some huge slicks out back, or someone who wants to do massive 3rd and 4th gear burnouts at 30mph.