6 Disc in 95??

jefferz

Oct 21, 2004
Spokane, WA
Hey I was wondering if anyone has tried the swap with a 6 disc from the 01-04's to a 94-98? I don't have the Mach 460 as it was a v6 car and I think I would really like the look of the 6 disc in one of the earlier SN95's.

Anyone done it?

• Sponsors (?)

The 6 disc changer is only with Mach 460 cars from mid 2001 to 2004.

At the least, you will probably need to install a Mach 460 in your car and then take the 01-up radio bezel and install it. If your car has the premium sound system, a Mach 460 is basically plug and play.

I dunno about that, but if you can pull it off, more power to you.

Lot's of people have added 460 and 1000 systems to their cars. Personally, I'd build a system, but for the prices you can pick up used Mach systems for I can see how some would believe it's worth it.

That said, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. My sister's '01 has the Mach 460 system, and the changer will sometimes hold onto a cd for a day or so; that's the only problem I've heard.

My '95's Mach system still sounds amazing for being 12 years old. :nice:
I just hate that my cd player usually won't eject if I leave a cd in overnight.:notnice:

Lot's of people have added 460 and 1000 systems to their cars. Personally, I'd build a system, but for the prices you can pick up used Mach systems for I can see how some would believe it's worth it.

That said, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. My sister's '01 has the Mach 460 system, and the changer will sometimes hold onto a cd for a day or so; that's the only problem I've heard.

My '95's Mach system still sounds amazing for being 12 years old. :nice:
I just hate that my cd player usually won't eject if I leave a cd in overnight.:notnice:

Well I know you can had the Mach 460 to a non-460 car, I'm in the process of doing it myself, but I doubt you could make a Mach460 head unit work without the rest of the system.

And like Jefferz, I really like the stock look which is why I'm going with the Mach 460 and not aftermarket.

Well I know you can had the Mach 460 to a non-460 car, I'm in the process of doing it myself, but I doubt you could make a Mach460 head unit work without the rest of the system.

Guess I didn't understand the thread. I thought he was adding the whole system, when I saw this:
its not a mach car right now...I might buy the whole setup..I like the mach sound. but i think i might be able to wire it so it works