6 Speed Swap

comporange04GT

Jun 19, 2005
The clutch is starting to chatter in my 04 GT. I have always thought about doing a 6 speed swap so I figure what better time to do it. I have een looking at the DD Performance kit with the Magnum transmission. Does anyone know of a company other than DD Performance that makes a kit? I would like to know what my options are before I jump in to the swap.

• Sponsors (?)

stay away from 6 speeds inc.

my buddy sent them $4000 and they lead him on with BS excuses for 4 MONTHS.

we had to file with the credit card company to get his money back.

both me and him purchased Viper T56's from D&D and they are a great company to deal with. took 3 days to have the new transmission

Piece one together and you could do it for a lot less, albeit with possibly used parts. 03-04 Cobra trans and bellhousing, new slip yoke and u-joint, and you should be good, AFAIK.

Edit: You may need to make some modifications to your trans. crossmember, too. I can't verify this, since I haven't personally done the swap.

If you actually do the swap dont swap in anything other then a magnum as it is by far the best T56 yet. You can piece a kit together for less then the DD kit.

I am pretty much sold on the Magnum. I have looked at piecing together a swap and the only part I have not been able to find is a drive shaft. I know I can have mine shortened but I would rather not be without the car for a day or two. Does anyone know where I can find a drive shaft.

I believe the 03/04 Cobra DS will work in a GT 6 speed swap. Call up or look up MPS Auto Salvage or your local craigslist for a wrecked Cobra, they cant be more than $100-$150 used since that is the only application that they fit..