6 Weeks and car still in shop!

mustang90

Founding Member
Feb 8, 2001
So I need to vent! It's been six weeks and my car is still in the shop! It has been a bumpy road the whole way. I had to have a new flywheel put in my car. Along with new header gaskets, throw out bearing and exhaust aligned after saleen rear bumper was installed. Well, that took forever because the idiot working on the car would work on it for 15 minutes then start a new project. After 3 weeks of assling around they completed the car and dyno tuned it. So onto the body shop which is literally 100 ft away from the performance shop. They installed the rest of the saleen body kit in the matter of 5 days. I had listed the stock parts on ebay so the buyer came and picked them up. He noticed my hood and wanted it so since I was told my new Steeda Q400 would be in on Monday, which the day I was sellining it was Saturday no big deal. So I sold it. Turns out the hood was on back order and has been for 2 weeks. Was suposed to be delivered today but never was. So my car has been sitting because I was told the hood would be in and was never advised it was back ordered! Otherwise I wouldn;t have sold the stocker! This is absolutely ridiculous. I just had a full Saleen body kit put on, new x cal and dyno tune. I'm putting 625 hp at flywheel and I can't drive it cuz of this mistake. Sorry just needed to vent :bs:

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain. I went through a similar situation with a 64 Fairlane, only it lasted for 2 years. After the body shop finally finished it they called and said I could come pick it up. When I got there they had already loaded it on a trailer for me so I was ready to go. Not 2 blocks from the body shop, the tiedowns holding the car in place broke as i crested a hill. Now, going down the hill, the car rolled off the trailer on to the back of my 67 Fairlane wagon tow rig.:mad: Car had to go back for more body work. Never got to drive the car...my EX-wife got the last laugh.