64.5 Convertible with 38k ORIGINAL miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdsmx

Oct 30, 2006
1964 1/2 FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE
F-Code 64.5 Dearborn Michigan Plant Assembled Ford Mustang Convertible
Rare F-Code 260ci Engine V-8/2 Barrel (64 ½)
Original Motor and Transmission
Rangoon Red Paint, Black Interior, Black Carpet

FACTORY OPTIONS INCLUDE:
*260 D CODE V-8 (64 ¼)
*2 BARREL CARB
*DUAL EXHAUST
*AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
VIN: 5F08F191042
Data Plate: (email me for info)
Original code (8) convertible, Made in 1964 ½ (Check the VIN and the pictures where the spare tire goes and the brake sensor on the fluid reservoir) first sold in 1965, 260 V8 2V (F Code 64 ½ only), dual exhaust, C-4 automatic transmission, Power steering. Original Rally Spoke Wheels with the correct (65) center caps, New BF Goodrich Tires (205/70/14’s), wood steering wheel, dual mirrors, seatbelts, Smooth engine and trans. Runs, shifts, stops, handles (no drifting or pulling) and sounds very nice.
*New Complete Black Interior (seats, floors, door panels, etc.)
*New Dash Pad
*New Complete Front Suspension
* New leaf springs and shocks so there is no sagging or poor-boy lift in rear.
*New Trunk Interior
The undercarriage is good and NOT painted over. All of the chrome is very nice if not new, all correct items from gas cap to grill for the 65 model. I also have almost every IF NOT EVERY SINGLE receipt from the original purchase of the car including registration, air filters, oil changes, etc… The ORIGINAL 38,144 miles are documented and I have copies of the titles. The radio is an OEM upgrade that has current AM/FM stations. The original radio is also included with the sale. Also has hardened valve seats so you can burn unleaded gas.

The Little details that would make it worth $30,000+
-The paint is SLIGHTLY starting to show its age upon VERY close inspection and has a couple of chips (noted in pictures). The car looks GREAT at 2 feet+ and flawless at 5 feet. Recent professional detail inside and out
-The top is only a couple years old but does have a couple little imperfections in it. Please see the picture
-There is a 1” crack on the edge on the front right fender along the hood seem. Please see picture
Details
The car was purchased new in Oklahoma in July of 1965 by Marilyn Wenthe and sold to Ray Nichols in November of 1977. The mileage was then 21,000. Car was then sold to Thomas Belknap in September of 1999 with an odometer reading of 27,248. I am selling the car on Tom’s behalf. This original Mustang will almost always take first place at local car shows and be the pride of your collection. If you need any pictures of specific parts or numbers please ask and I’ll have them to you immediately. Thank you for your time.

For the Fanatics
Assembly plant
Code Assembly plant
F Dearborn, Michigan
R San Jose, California
T Metuchen, New Jersey
Body Codes
Body Code Body Style
07 Hardtop
08 Convertible
09 Fastback
Engine Codes
CID = Cubic Inch displacement, V8 = 8 cylinder, I6 = 6 cylinder, V = induction venturi (4V would be a 4 barrel carburetor)
Engine Code Engine Type
A V8 289 CID 4V
C V8 289 CID 2V
D (64½ only) V8 289 CID 4V
F (64½ only) V8 260 CID 2V
K V8 289 CID 4V High Performance
T I6 200 CID 1V
U (64½ only) I6 170 CID 1V

Price is $22,500. Please email me @ [email protected] or call me @ 813-264-5230 or 813-625-3565. Thanks guys

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.