647rwhp on stock comp

• Sponsors (?)

Some say it's not possible, i know for sure it is.

Um, I didn't know anyone said its not possible. My good friend has a Dart 331, ported AFR 225s, T-Trim combo with 60s, and no tune that he drives around town, 120 miles up to Orlando, etc. No numbers yet, as his T-Trim took a crap, so he slapped his old S-Trim head unit back in. He should have numbers within a month or two.

149709.jpg

I'm getting ready to build a DART based 347, AFR205 or 225 (still undecided), Spyder style intake, Procharger F1-R , etc....local guys nice weather street car. Shooting for 650-700HP on pump gas, 1000 on a race gas tune with some more boost.

It's these types of builds that really get your blood pumping, not everyone can do it....

It does get your blood pumping rick, although it still begs the question, how much is too much in a fox street car?
I haven't been in that car, and honestly i wouldn't want to drive or be a passenger. The owner is a little bit of a stang noob, cool guy, but you can just see he lacks confidence.
He also runs normal street bfg rubber, which is alarming to say the least.

He's built a handful of good 347 combo's over the last year or so, part of the reason i don't seen why guys want to go to 351 based engines. What's the point, if you can squeeze 1500rwhp out of a 347 in a race car, 600+ is no prob on a street car.

money is also a huge factor. I could buy a 69 351 block for 150 bucks and be good for upto 1000hp(not completely safely, but you get my point) Alot of pplgo 351 based becasue they are cheaper than darts and for 600-700, a dart is almost overkill.