'65 Coupe Door Weatherstripping

geordie

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
Hello Guys,
It's been a good while since I've posted anything.
Trying to get my motivation back to finish my Coupe but I suffered another setback today :(, trying to glue the weatherstripping around the door. I'm using the recommended 3M adhesive, following the instructions, glue both sides, leave to tack, thin glue on the body and stick. What I've ended up with is a mess. I started at one end and finished short at the other end, there's no guide pins along the weatherstripping to help you position it. To cap it all I've damaged the paint with the adhesive remover that I used:(.
Can anybody walk me through the fail-safe procedure, alternative adhesives etc.
Thanks
I need a drink..............:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

The 3M adhesive seems to me to be a messy solution, the consensus seems to reflect the instructions on the tube, apply thin layer to both surfaces, let tack, then apply another thin layer to the boy and stick. Result, a sticky mess, reminiscent of a schoolboys handkerchief on a winters day:eek:.
Industrial thin width double sided sticky tape would seem to me to offer a much cleaner, controllable solution:nice:. My car is not concurs correct. Has anyone tried this option? What kind of success did you have:shrug:?

I see from the 3M website that they produce a range of double sided adhesive tapes specifically for weatherstrip. This would seem to me to be a much cleaner solution thatn the 'outdated' glue method. Has anyone tried this.