'65 Custom Fastback Project Update

• Sponsors (?)

Car looks great, but I have to ask, how lond did it take you to FILL the garage? When I built mine 26X40 I pulled one of the stangs in and said, "plenty of room", now I have to pull a car out to work on anything. I need an addition :)

mdjay said:
LOL Well if the local dragstrip is down, there's always that quarter mile driveway to do passes down :)

It's not quite that long.....

I love the country living, but there are some costs (like a driveway) that you don't think about when you move out. My entire driveway is about 900', but there is a 90 degree turn at the point in the photos.

steemin said:
Very nice!!!
I am however a little biased
Our cars could be cousins!!!
I am anxious to see the finished product..
Scott

Would love to see some detailed photos of your color combo. I am having my car repainted and am thinking of changing the stripe color. I am leaning to a medium grey color. Combined with the mineral grey it should give a nice, subtle look. Do you have a photo link?

Car + Garage + Driveway + House looks great :nice:. (must be nice to have a level lot, I just spent $8,400 on 1200 yards of fill in an attempt to get a level driveway and I still need 600 more). If you don't mind me asking, how much did the paved driveway cost?

Looks tight. i am just starting to restore a 68 Fastback. My dad's garage is a 30x60 with a 4 post lift in the center. When we first moved in it looked like we had hella room now we got some much stuff it looks packed :( most of it is from my 68 though lol. My 68 is on the lift, and then next to my dad's Lightning is all the entire interior, fenders, hood and doors.

Driveway

Platonic Solid said:
Car + Garage + Driveway + House looks great :nice:. (must be nice to have a level lot, I just spent $8,400 on 1200 yards of fill in an attempt to get a level driveway and I still need 600 more). If you don't mind me asking, how much did the paved driveway cost?

The driveway paving itself was about 90 cents per s.f. Sounds reasonable, until you add up all of the area I had to pave. I did have several tons of base prior to the paving.

Thanks for the car compliments. I do wish I was complete. The work on it has become a chore most times, as I would rather drive and modify slowly. I love the fastbacks, but still want a convertible more.....

What the...., am I understanding your photo album right? You sold the fastback? I'm crushed, I've been so looking forward to seeing it hauling tail around the west end and Short Pump. Now I may never see it. I've been following your progress since you started here at Stangnet (obviously not for the past few months) and have been envious every step of the way, for the car and the garage! I'm speechless.

On the other hand, I do like the Cobra. Did you buy it local? I think I may know the previous owner if you did.

Updated Status -

What the...., am I understanding your photo album right? You sold the fastback? ..... Did you buy it local? I think I may know the previous owner if you did.

Yep - more than sold the fastback - sold the house, too. We have relocated to Austin, Texas (back home). The Cobra is from a guy in North Carolina - not local to Richmond.

I also purchased a nice coupe that is being used by my wife as a daily driver. Check out the new site:

http://mysite.verizon.net/mindagray/