65 Fuel Pump?

65FBE2

Mar 8, 2007
Minnasnowta
Did Ford use the fuel pump with the filter can for the entire 65 modle run?
The reason I want to know is I am working on a 65 GT (built 27 March of 65.) I am going to use a Autolite 4100 carb. But most of the 65 carbs have the line that connects directly to the carb from the pump but my car has a filter at the carb inlet and the fuel pump is a 66 style without the can filter.

• Sponsors (?)

If your car has a 351W in it it shouldn't matter much if you go to the later style fuel pump, unless you are still trying to keep the looks of the car original. Most people don't notice the wisder intake on the 351W when they look at a car with an open hood.

The small block fuel pumps work from engine to engine. If you are working on another car that still has the original motor in it and you want to get rid of the filter on the carburetor and connect the fuel line directly to your carburetor there are adapters that thread into the fine threads of some of the carburetors and adapt the front of the carburetor to the coarse fuel line thread. I took one of those fitting off of a 1965 F100 big block truck in a wrecking yard recently.