65 resto project update

65 A Code

Apr 6, 2004
I have had the car 4 months now. To date I have stripped the entire interior out. Pulled the motor and tranny, hood, fenders, and cut off the radiator support and fender aprons from the radiator support all the way back to the shock towers. I have a new radiator support and aprons for the engine bay. Once I get done sandblasting the engine bay I will weld them in and then get the paint gun out paint the engine bay, hopefully by the end of the month.

Here is a link to pictures I have been taking.
http://webpages.charter.net/rweaver772/?M=A

Car has a bit more rust than it appeared to have before taking it apart, but its still a solid body. The engine is a lot better shape than I thought it would be. I am keeping a logbook on the restoration. I currently only have worked on it a bit over 46 hrs.

• Sponsors (?)

Very cool! I admire people who are willing to take on such a challenge. Keep up the good work. :nice:

On Edit: After reading the Headlights are flickering thread, with the front end apart, it sure would make doing any upgrades, such as relays for the headlights a lot easier. I'm afraid if I ever had my car that far apart, I'd never get it back together because I'd be too busy trying to re-engineer everything.