'65 w/ EFI and Novi1000

red65

Apr 12, 2003
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm planning to do some sort of write up on this, particularly if you all express some interest, but I thought I'd drop in a sneak-peek at the Novi1000 installed in my '65 with EFI. Took it out for a spin this morning, and believe I'm already hooked on forced induction. It pulls like you got slapped in the back, and will put the car sideways with even slightly injudicious throttle application (making me giggle hysterically). It's still got the 'safe' pulley on the S/C, until I get it dyno-tuned, when I'll swap in the smaller pulley. Not an easy installation and not for the faint of heart, but what a rush once it's done.

Thanks a bunch to GNN60GT500 and FAST64 for their advice on this - it's good to know I can rely on fellow Stangnetters!

Attachments

• mustang_1-24-06small.jpg
    mustang_1-24-06small.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Sponsors (?)

I am getting ready in the next month to have my 66 back on the road and it to will be blown (Powerdyne 9#) and although I have all the parts to Fuel inj. it I am going the blow through route for now. I see you had "fittment issues" with the discharge tube on the SC also but what about the alt. I have a bracket off of an LTD that moves it over to the Drivers side and will try to install it tonight. Yours looks Great! And now I really cant wait to actually drive my car again ( Its been 5 years)

Shakin66 said:
I see you had "fittment issues" with the discharge tube on the SC also but what about the alt.

I put the alternator directly underneath the S/C, using the mount holes that Paxton provided for the air pump. I had to fabricate my own bracket for the bottom of the alternator, but the top just required an extra spacer and it fits fine. That moves the alternator away from the frame rail, although it makes packaging the oil drain hose on the bottom side of the S/C pretty tight. Don't know if the Powerdyne setup affords the same option, but it worked for me. I think FAST64, who installed a Powerdyne, said he was able to mount in the low location - the one Powerdyne provides for the alt.