65mm-70mm tb

5spd GT said:
Actually I'm pretty confident in that I explained the differences between the dyno/track...because I stated the track has more variables (suspension/gearing/and more importantly the driver (consistency)...)...which can throw off gains from a single aftermarket part swap...some people have lost time because of intake swaps (usually the bigger "setups)...is it because the intake itself? Or the driver not using the available powerband for example...?

man no one is saying which has more variables....its OBVIOUS the track does because it measures something with more components. Thats common sense. Tell us something we dont know. The dyno does not measure the same thing the track does. Plain and simple.

And its very clear earlier in this thread when i think Joe quoted Jay Allen where a loss on the dyno netted a GAIN on the track. WHY? Because they dont measure the same thing. Who cares which has more variables. Do you care about going fast or getting a nice dyno sheet?

• Sponsors (?)

red conv

as some one earlier put it pauls freind with the red convertable. he has only been on the dyno once. that was just check the a/f when the management was installed.
by the way the man ran a 11.85 last night.
do you think he would run a 11.60 with a custom camshaft?? :p

nmcgrawj said:
Do you care about going fast or getting a nice dyno sheet?

I care about both...a nice dyno tune that helps at the track...

I said the dyno shows more consistencies...not that it was or was not inferior to the track...with the advent of more variables at the track it is "on average" a bad way to get a gain unless all the variables can be recreated in a perfect world (speed of shift/rpm/60ft consistency/humidity/temp/"same bugs in air filter" :D /etc...etc...

On power gains on the dyno alls you can worry about is the temp/humidity of both the car and the air...driver becomes a non-factor...

I thought I had went over this before?

5spd GT said:

I said the dyno shows more consistencies...not that it was or was not inferior to the track...with the advent of more variables at the track it is "on average" a bad way to get a gain unless all the variables can be recreated in a perfect world (speed of shift/rpm/60ft consistency/humidity/temp/"same bugs in air filter" :D /etc...etc...

On power gains on the dyno alls you can worry about is the temp/humidity of both the car and the air...driver becomes a non-factor...

You went over it time and time again. Just like the TB thing...no one asks you for the responses you give. No one is asking for a comparison and contrast on which has more variables. I already said its obvious the track will because the track has more responsibility in order to show results. Its been said over and over, the dyno shows ENGINE gains and losses but it does not show the CAR'S gain or loss. Only the track can tell you what the car will do....and thats with all its variables.

What dont u understand? You are not pointing anything new out. The results you get from running at a track are MUCH more involved and complex so therefore its clear that you would have more variables.

Man things just never end with you. Go ahead and repeat yourself like you have been doing....its kinda funny reading your responses :rlaugh:

nmcgrawj said:
Go ahead and repeat yourself like you have been doing....

Okay...

I said the dyno shows more consistencies...not that it was or was not inferior to the track...with the advent of more variables at the track it is "on average" a bad way to get a gain unless all the variables can be recreated in a perfect world (speed of shift/rpm/60ft consistency/humidity/temp/"same bugs in air filter" /etc...etc...

Hi everyone, Willie here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, redsn95vert, I had no clue this was going on since my computer was down for a few days!
Anyway what is this stuff about me being Paul's Rival,that's with an L, I didn't know I had a rival, and "The other guy" (Okay I guess)

Anyhow last night my best MPH was 114.94 and new best 11.855

5spd GT said:
Okay...

I said the dyno shows more consistencies...not that it was or was not inferior to the track...with the advent of more variables at the track it is "on average" a bad way to get a gain unless all the variables can be recreated in a perfect world (speed of shift/rpm/60ft consistency/humidity/temp/"same bugs in air filter" /etc...etc...

:nonono:

Allmotor95 said:
Hi everyone, Willie here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, redsn95vert, I had no clue this was going on since my computer was down for a few days!
Anyway what is this stuff about me being Paul's Rival,that's with an L, I didn't know I had a rival, and "The other guy" (Okay I guess)

Anyhow last night my best MPH was 114.94 and new best 11.855

You keep going Willie!

I remember when you posted Paul's car inspired you to do yours up. Now your elevens will motivate Paul to step up....

Can you say buy some "new parts" Mr. Riva?? :rlaugh: :D :rlaugh:

Ed

EDC said:
You keep going Willie!

I remember when you posted Paul's car inspired you to do yours up. Now your elevens will motivate Paul to step up....

Indeed that's exactly how it went, it's just sad that neither paul or myself are talking BS and other people are calling us "Rivals" NOT COOL. :notnice:

And thank's Ed !!

Allmotor95 said:
Indeed that's exactly how it went, it's just sad that neither paul or myself are talking BS and other people are calling us "Rivals" NOT COOL. :notnice:

And thank's Ed !!

I would HOPE that the people on here referring to you two as Rivals are doing it out of FUN since Paul was the fastest before and now you are...you both are in verts...so im hoping that people just try to put little fire under pauls butt to get him to come after you.Whatever the reason, i hope its for fun because thats what this is all about. :shrug:

And how about you guys slow down and help some of us catch up? :rlaugh: lol keep up the good work guys and lead the way for us 94-5's :flag:

Allmotor95 said:

And thank's Ed !!

I agree WIllie. Hey man, you just keep doing what your doing. I think its FREAKING GREAT!!! Its about time more of the 94-95 guys start stepping it up and proving that we are not the slow pigs most of the other mustang guys think we are!!! I love it that you and I have two well running cars that most people would never expect to do what they do. I mean come on... a fast NA convertible... that's a joke right!?!? :lol: Congrats man, I had a feeling based on your combo that it had more in it!

EDC said:
You keep going Willie!

Ed

LOL Ed!!! You know me all too well!!! Its just I have a slight problem... I have a wife that has adopted the word NO to go along with everything car related. I love her to death, but she HATES my "need for speed." I just hope Santa is kind to me this year!!! Needless to say, the '90GT turbo project has been put on hold so I can concentrate on the "canary."