65mm Explorer Throttle Body Or Aftermarket Throttle Body?

• Sponsors (?)

No need to go and spend money on an aftermarket TB if the one you pulled off the explorer works. The 65mm explorer TB is a good choice for your setup but you will have to flip and modify the throttle bracket to get it to work. Check the tech section for a write up.

The Explorer TB is fine. You will need to get a 65MM EGR spacer for it. Save your old stock TB though. You will need to remove the throttle plate from it and get it tack welded to the throttle plate on the Explorer TB.

Not quite. The throttle butterfly on the Fox TB is 60mm while the butterfly on the Explorer TB is 65mm so what you'll need to do is this:

1. Remove the screws holding the throttle butterfly to the shaft on the Explorer TB, pull out the butterfly, and save it together with the screws.
2. Pull out the throttle shaft with linkage from the Explorer TB and discard it.
3. Remove the screws holding the throttle butterfly to the shaft on the Fox TB, pull out the butterfly, and discard it.
4. Pull out the throttle shaft with linkage from the Fox TB and save it.
5. Widen the slot inside the Fox throttle shaft so that the bigger Explorer butterfly will fit.
6. Check if the holes in the Explorer butterfly match up with the screw holes of the Fox throttle shaft. If not, drill new holes in the Explorer butterfly.
7. Slide Fox throttle shaft into the Explorer TB and insert the Explorer butterfly through slit in the throttle shaft.
8. Make sure the holes are aligned, that the butterfly closes properly, and insert the screws to secure it in place.

Now you're done.

Not quite. The throttle butterfly on the Fox TB is 60mm while the butterfly on the Explorer TB is 65mm so what you'll need to do is this:

1. Remove the screws holding the throttle butterfly to the shaft on the Explorer TB, pull out the butterfly, and save it together with the screws.
2. Pull out the throttle shaft with linkage from the Explorer TB and discard it.
3. Remove the screws holding the throttle butterfly to the shaft on the Fox TB, pull out the butterfly, and discard it.
4. Pull out the throttle shaft with linkage from the Fox TB and save it.
5. Widen the slot inside the Fox throttle shaft so that the bigger Explorer butterfly will fit.
6. Check if the holes in the Explorer butterfly match up with the screw holes of the Fox throttle shaft. If not, drill new holes in the Explorer butterfly.
7. Slide Fox throttle shaft into the Explorer TB and insert the Explorer butterfly through slit in the throttle shaft.
8. Make sure the holes are aligned, that the butterfly closes properly, and insert the screws to secure it in place.

Now you're done.

????
I just took the throttle arm off the Fox TB and put it on the Exploder TB.
I didn't bother taking everthing apart, and it works fine.
I am always scared to take out throttle screws. They are a pain in the butt because of the extreme swedging they get from the factory, and I can never get them sufficiently swedged enough when putting them back to feel safe. I'd hate to have them fall out and ruin my engine.
Most of the time, they are swedged to badly, that I end up destroying the parts just trying to get them out anyway...

Just swap the throttle arm.