66 coupe exhaust?

what would you use with 302 bored .030 over with mild cam,edelbrock intake and carb? i would like to use the try y headers's and end with the gt rear valance. any recommendations?flowmasters,dynomax,etc?

• Sponsors (?)

plain old mufflers wont sound any good. Get some good name brand ones like Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynomax. If you buy cheap mufflers they are going to sound cheap too. I got tri-ys with Flowmasters american thunder 2.5" with h-pipe to flowmaster deltaflow 40s. Sounds fricken amazing and i only have the stock cam.

19stang66 said:
plain old mufflers wont sound any good. Get some good name brand ones like Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynomax. If you buy cheap mufflers they are going to sound cheap too. I got tri-ys with Flowmasters american thunder 2.5" with h-pipe to flowmaster deltaflow 40s. Sounds fricken amazing and i only have the stock cam.

I agree, I would do a 2.5" exhaust and a quality muffler so you are prepared for any future radical small block build. I have Borla XR1 race mufflers which are probably not so street legal but they sound very nice on my set up. I had flowmaster 40's which believe it or not were louder than the Borla's at idle. I would go for magnaflows, flowmasters or Borla's....

plain old mufflers wont sound any good. Get some good name brand ones like Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Dynomax.

Dynomax Super Turbos, Flowtech Afterburners, Raptors, Hookers, and Hedmans are all A.) name brand and B.) plain old mufflers. Not only that, they are cheap and sound good. They won't have the potential for interior resonance like Dronemasters either.

66blue's engine is mild and future plans were not mentioned. 2.5" tube will be overkill for the current setup. It won't make it a dog, but there will be a loss in low end. Fancy high-flowing mufflers are not needed when the only thing the extra price would buy is sound.

im running patriot tri y's into 2 inch exhaust, h pipe, and 2 40 series flowmasters. sounds real good at idle. then once you get up in the rpms cruising (like say interstate driving) it will kill you cause of the drone.

im thinking about going hooker headers, 2.5 pipe, x pipe, and flowtech Warlock mufflers.