66 electric fuel pump placement

djbuchanan

Oct 21, 2007
have a 66 coupe with stock gas tank. installing a mallory 110 electric fuel pump. having trouble finding a spot to install it near the gas tank but far enough from the exhaust pipes. any one have a any tips on where they placed theres? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

fuel pump placement

I put a mallory comp 170 directly in front of the gas tank, positioned to the passenger side of the fuel outlet. A 6" x 1" x 1/8" flat bar with two bolts welded to it is on the trunk side, a matching angle iron piece with two holes drilled for the bolts from the top is underneath. The angle iron has a flat 1/8" plate welded to it that has holes drilled to hold the fuel pump. Next time I'm underneath the car I'll take a picture. I stole the placement from a picture that is somewhere on this forum.

Kent

I mounted the electric pump on my 77 Comet (same basic chassis as the Stangs) on the driver's side frame rail, inside face, forward of the rear axle. This is a 30 gal/hr pump feeding a 400+HP 331 with three carbs. Works fine in full power 1/4 mile passes.

I have fuel injection, so my pump is different, but here is where and how I mounted mine.
597572_66_full.jpg

I drilled out the holes for three of the self tapping screws holding the tank in place. I used a thick piece of sheet metal that I had attached a 90 degree angle strip across one side. I drilled holes thru the angle piece to match the holes for the tank mounting, in one I installed a rivet nut to easy assembly. I was able to feed the power wire for the pump thru the grommet for the fuel sender so I didn't have to drill an additional hole.