'66 mustang in the garage!

keehr22

Feb 7, 2006
Clarksville, TN
Just wanted to post my first thread here, over the years I've learned just how helpful these forums were with other vehicles and I don't doubt this forum shares the same wealth of knowledge.

I recently bought a '66 Coupe with the 200 I6. It's sitting in the garage now awaiting a transplant, a 1974 302 with a C4 attached. Now I've done the search, and haven't found the right thread i guess. I'm hoping someone out there could give me a hand making a parts list.

So far here's what I have:
C-4 Crossmember
Accelerator linkage
1974 302 from a pickup
C-4

I'm still looking for a deal on motor mounts with frame brackets. Also wondering what style of kickdown lever will fit this application, and what are my options for the driveshaft? I want to make sure I have all the bases covered so I can knock out the swap in a weekend...what all am i missing?

btw, this is an engine and tranny swap only, no brakes, steering, or rearend. As this is a lower compression 302 2barrel, i have no worries for those systems.

• Sponsors (?)

you're missing v-8 spindles, an 8, 8.8, or 9" rear end, 5 lug brakes, wheels, steering linkage, larger radiator, stiffer front springs...... and i think that's it, but i probably missed something. you won't need a c4 crossmember if you've already got a c4 in the car.

Thanks, finally checked this one off of the wish list!

I believe it has the old load-o-matic that was offered for the I6. Like I mentioned, since this engine is a low hp 2barrel 302 I won't be doing the 5 lug swap or a rearend swap just yet. That can wait until I get a fresh engine and have a few of the house projects knocked out...priorities..gotta love'm