66 mustang need to know what it is worth

Bad Snake II

Feb 15, 2003
Nebraska
Ok my dad is getting to the age he cant do construction and i wanted to start finding him different kinds of work. he has done work on all sorts of old cars so i thought what about restoration or parting some of them out.

Any way i have wanted to buy this car sitting in this guys back pasture, it is a 66 mustang coupe, vinal roof and has been sitting for about 16 years, the hood & grill is gone but the engine and everything else is there. it defanatly is worth doing some work to.

Thought i would ask what you thought the price i should offer, he dosent want it on his property, the guy who was given the car dosent have the title or the keys, he was given it by his grandfather and it has sat since. The guy who actually was given the car is a @ss and i cant get ahold of him so should i just get the guy whos property it is on to write me a bill of sale.

Need answers, any openion would help.
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

16 years? Jeez, sounds as though it's been abandoned to me. Have the property owner call the car owner and tell him if he doesn't come get it in two weeks, he's going to get rid of it. Offer the property owner $500 to get rid of that 'eye sore' rotting in his pasture when the owner doesn't come get it in the allotted time.

aparently the guy that the car was given to never actually got the car, it was just said to be his after the old guy died. The car has bad rust and the people whos property its on want it gone bad. do you think i should just offer them $300 for the car to get it off there property, get a bill of sale and then go get a new title (lost title replacement) since the car legaly isnt anybodys, what should i do.

ok hears the kicker. turns out the grandfather just got done restoring the car 20 years ago so it was all new & fresh besides some milage in that 3 or 4 year period. But still the interior is shot, it had "pony interior" and it is a real gt, it was optioned out to the max and it might even have a k code in it. but there is a great big hole in the roof where it looks like some punk kids took a ice pick it is about an 8in hole, A holes. The hood is gone, front clip besides finders are gone, and the origional mags are missing. The engine is pretty solid it will turn with 118 pounds of pressure on the crank bolt. It looks like a three speed manual but might be a 4spd, the doors are locked and no one has keys. any hints on how to get in without destroying the windows or trunk lock.
I think i will still offer the $300 just to not make bad blood.
What is the leagle stand on no one having the title any more and it being on someone elses property for over 16 years, also the guy it was ""given to"" didnt have any intrest from the beginning since there was not attempt to get the title or keep track of the keys.
More sugestions.

holes in the roof, rusted out, i'd imagine the cowl is probably just about non-existant, the floors are most likely gone, and the framerails probably are to....you couldnt pay me to take it. if its truely a kcode you might get a toploader or 9in rear out of it, maybe a decent engine block, but thats about it, and they'd all need rebuilding anyway so why bother. 16 years is a long time for a car to sit out in the elements.

any hints on how to get in without destroying the windows or trunk lock.

can you say 'coathanger'?

I have to agree with the general concensus on this one. Save your 300 bucks and put it towards a car that needs less work. Before you know it with this car you will be in way over your head. I know its sad to see a stang go the way of the dodo but sometimes its better to just forget about it and move onto something worthwhile.