66 Stang 302 Fan Shroud

Chris H

Dec 12, 2005
Crofton, MD
Hi all:

I have the stock 66' fan shroud (pretty flimsey piece) on my Fluidyne radiator and would like to get a shroud that is beefier and will fit flush against the radiator. My problem is that I only see one (the 3.5" wide version) being sold by CJ Pony Parts, Mustangs Unlimited and others. Since the Fluidyne Radiator is much deeper than stock and I have an after market A/C compressor that also is stealing some room. I need a slimmer shroud.

So, does anyone know where I can get a 2" to 2.5" shroud that will fit my car? I'm coming up on some car cruises and I want to ensure the best seal around my radiator during stop and go traffic.

(I guess I could always cut the 3.5" version but would rather just buy the piece that fits) Thanks! :flag:

-Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Cj pony parts also has the thin version. Its about 1.5 or 2". The part number is FANS1.

Yeah, that’s the one I have now. The problem is that fan (if you look closely at the pic in the catalog) is not entirely flush to the radiator and on the sides the thickness is less than an inch.

I want the 3.5" like shroud but in a 2.5" inch thickness (2.5" all the way around the shroud).

The stock shroud doesn't get that tight seal needed for maximum pull through the radiator. CJ Pony Parts, in one of my older catalogs, had a 3" wide shroud (Part # FANS8) but is no longer listed on their site or in their latest catalog that I just received. Its funny, I would have thought that someone would have made a slimmer thickness for the tight area in the older stangs.

Thanks TOS