67 Super Snake Project

This thread is useless with pics. We need VIDEO! hehe. Absolutely stunning. Keep up the great work. Let me get this straight. You installed sound deadening for an 800+ hp supercharged FE big block with long tubes... Just wondering... for me, I would love to absorb every sound that motor makes. For that matter everybody around me too.
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

This thread is useless with pics. We need VIDEO! hehe. Absolutely stunning. Keep up the great work. Let me get this straight. You installed sound deadening for an 800+ hp supercharged FE big block with long tubes... Just wondering... for me, I would love to absorb every sound that motor makes. For that matter everybody around me too.
Kevin

As soon as I get the radiator and flywheel (several weeks) I WILL be doing a video.

Yep on the sound deadener. I can always turn the radio off and roll down the windows. That is probably the way it will be most of the time!

Wiring almost done!

Almost finished with the interior wiring. All the alarm triggers work, lights, radio, radio dimmer, speakers, backup camera, console lights, etc etc. The only thing that doesn't work is the remote start. I probably have a wire in the wrong place. 12 hours today. Its gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

PIC_0350.jpg

The radio faceplate has 4 tilt positions. It remembers the position when you turn it back on. This is position 3.

PIC_0351.jpg

Well, I said I thought I had a wire in the wrong place. Turns out you have to program the Alarm before things will work. Seems that the Bluetooth for the Phone to hook up through the radio has a similar requirement for pairing. ha ha

So I finished all the wiring except for: the radiator fans, alarm wiring to flash the lights, PW & P door lock have yet to be installed (but the wiring is in the doors), wiring up the amp (all wires have been run to where it will be) and that's it. Never been so sore in my life. I'm an old codger.

I rewired some of the front lights because I did not like how I wired them previously. Lights are not on all the time now, only when the switch is pulled.

EFI is completely wired. It also controls the electronic Fuel pump (6 sec prime, then waits for start). MSD coil and ignition is installed and wired. And if you think that is a big gap between the coil and ingnition, that is because something goes between them - the air intake from the drivers side fender.

MSDElectronicIgnitionInstalled.jpg

I had to turn the TCP cross-link bar around. It was putting the inner links too close to the headers. That is what TCP suggested that I do.

Before :

PIC_0344.jpg

After:

TCPRackClearance.jpg

Re: Door Locks & other Door Parts

I lifted the engine about 1" and moved it back about 1/2". That cleared all but one header bolt. It cleared the R&P problem.

Figured out the problem with the trans. Out it comes and a new smaller piston will be used in the Hydraulic throwout bearing.

Started working on the doors. I am replacing most everything, so this will be a NEW car when I get finsihed. I installed the power door locks, new door latches, strikers, lock rods, door lock pull ups, and chrome rings, interior door handle shafts, door handles, and door courtesy lights. Missing one door handle, and the anti rattle piece that goes on the driver side door handle to latch rod, that screws to the inside of the door and keeps the rod from rattling. I don't know if they sell that piece.

DoorLatch.jpg

DoorStriker.jpg

DoorLockandChromeRing.jpg

NewDoorhandleandpivotrod.jpg

LowerDoorLights.jpg

You know you are getting close when this starts happening. Noise, vibration & heat control by Quiet Ride Solutions. It is a 2 stage project. Sound control my Dynamat. And then pre-cut heat control mats.

Many pieces in tight places like above the fender wells inside the rear fenders. It takes a lot of time to do it right. But should be worth the effort.

QuietRideSolutions3.jpg

QuietRideSolutions2.jpg

QuietRideSolutions1.jpg

QuietRideSolutions.jpg

I've been quietly following your buildup and must say, I am impressed with the level of detail going into this car! I am interested in doing the sound and heat control update to my 68 fastback. What were the material costs for the products you used on yours?

Quiet Ride

I've been quietly following your buildup and must say, I am impressed with the level of detail going into this car! I am interested in doing the sound and heat control update to my 68 fastback. What were the material costs for the products you used on yours?

Thanks! I have put way too much money and almost that much time in this project. But it is a great hobby.

The sound control by Quiet Ride complete kit for a 1967 Fastback cost $615 and almost $50 shipping.

Dash is Done

The dash is all buttoned up except for the glove box. It will stay off until I start the hookup of the FAST EFI. One plug at a time.

SoundHeatControl5.jpg

All the sound and heat control is done. Looks like some of NASA's guys have been working on it.

SoundHeatControl3.jpg

SoundHeatControl4.jpg

Electric window actuators are installed and both work fine.

ElectricWindowsInstalled.jpg

Just for fun, guess what is playing on the DVD?

DVDPlaying.jpg