68 v8 brakes on a 65 6cylinder

• Sponsors (?)

While many have gotten away with i, the steering arms on 67-73 spindles (and Granada) are the wrong height and length for a 64-66. You will need 67-69 outer tie rod ends to attach them, and of course the entire 6 cylinder steering linkage will have to be replaced with 64-66 V8 linkage.

A plus for your friend putting on your Drum brakes is he can install the 4 piston per caliper K/H disc brakes on those spindles when he is ready for Disc Brakes.

Exact, assembly bolt on C6OA spindles. Same setup Ford installed on EVERY 67 Mustang with Disc Brakes.

Dan @ Chockostang

Thanks I will let him know. Not shure he will bother if he has to change out the steering, He was just looking for a easy way to go to the 5 lug pattern to open up wheel choices.
Thaks again
John

Thanks I will let him know. Not shure he will bother if he has to change out the steering, He was just looking for a easy way to go to the 5 lug pattern to open up wheel choices.
Thaks again
John

Oh holy poop. There are lots of 4-bolt wheel choices. That's a ton of work, bastardizing the car, changing the whole front end, driveshaft, and rear axle, just to install a set of mags. Here's a couple different wheels, from one dealer:

G02396.jpg

6cyl wheels 003.jpg

G02299.jpg