68 Vert Wheel Fitment Question

68GT500KR_Vert

5 Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Finally bought my new wheels for my 68 Vert - Shelby Chrome CS67:

I'm running a Rod & Custom Mustang II Front Coil-over Suspension And Their 4-link Rear Coil-over suspension

Front - 18x8.5; 6.4" BS; +42 Offset
Rear - 18x9.5; 6.82" BS; +40 Offset

I'm thinking about buying
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2
Front - 245/40ZR18"
Rear - 285/40ZR18"

So what size spacers am I going to need to make these fit?

172-67wheelchrome.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm hoping

I spent a long time trying to find wheels I liked.

I liked the VW V50s, a couple of Budniks, and Fikse wheels, but the prices were insane.

Jegs is running a special price on the Shelby wheels right now.

I figured I'd get the wheels and tire sizes I wanted before it goes to the body shop to have the rear quarters replace. I might mini-tub it when there.

I tried 285/40 18's on my car with a TCP Gbar rear and had some serious rubbing issues when the axle articulated. The tire rubbed all the way through the paint, 2 weeks old and driving in the driveway the first time, and destroyed a brand new tire. I had to to go down to 275/35's and now everything is good. I have the same tires you are looking at and the next time I need rubber I will find some that are 285/35's in a different tread.

They are really pretty and so far are working very well. I drove the car in the rain today for the first time and it was sure footed. I didn't get on it much but for sane performance driving it was good in the wet. On dry pavement I think my car handles as well if not better than my Lexus IS 300. Some of that is the suspension I am running and some can be attributed to the tires.

I was worried about backspacing, but they look like they fit fine as is. Plus I'm probably still going to mini-tub when the rear quarters are replaced. I'll probably have the tires on next week sometime, trying decide if I should go local or buy from the tire rack. Local is a little more money, but they mount and balance them; plus if I have to change sizes later they said they would do it. I've been getting our cars serviced at this place for years.

25768760116_large.jpg

25768760115_large.jpg

25768760114_large.jpg

25768760112_large.jpg

Yup, Drop in Fuel Safe 22 Gallon Pro-Cell. Picked it up on Ebay as a second chance, below reserve offer, for $750 Brand New still in the box. Mustang Builder in NC had his client change their mind I think and the builder wanted to get rid of it after two unsucessful auctions.

Picked up the 87-93 Light Bar today, brand new, $225, dude bought for his wife's car and never put it in.

Sometimes you have to love a bad economy, put will take what they can get for some stuff.