69 351 Mach 1 Heads

jghood13

Oct 2, 2003
NY
I have a set and no money to buy a better make of heads. I would like to have them ported and top them with a ported upper and lower off a 87-93 with the upper cut and welded. Where can I have this done, will it make good power, and what cam should I use.

George

• Sponsors (?)

Are they bare castings or fully assembled. If they are fully assembled, what are the valve sizes. My guess would be that they wouldn't work because of the PTV clearance. They probably have 2.08 intake valves or something very large like that. If they are bare, check the size of the seats to see what valve sizes would be accepted. Either way, I think they are too big to use on a stock 302 shortblock.

Joe

It all depends on the size of the valves along with how high you want the motor to spin and the tolerances to which you what the heads built. I would call Comp Cams or Crane. They would be best and could sell you/tell you everything your going to need to know. Your going to need the valve sizes though. They cannot supply you with them.

Joe

they have the same size valves as ur stock heads and bout the same size cumbustion chamber as urs so probally no real gain out if them except ull need to use better head bolts since they have 1/2 inch holes and 302 only have 7/16 :)
oh and just for a side note all smallblock fords have a 4 inch bore or smaller and the same head bolt pattren :D