69 429 edelbrock intake, casting flaw or press fit fitting?

gingerbreadman

Only half-baked
Founding Member
Jan 17, 2002
Go ahead, call me cheaky
Ok, just got my engine from the machine shop, 69 429 going in my 77.5 f250 4x4 blah blah etc.

anyways, i had them put on a edelbrock performer intake as it was originally a 2 bbl. i was just looking at it and on the front right below the thermostate housing there are 2 5/8's holes, one is threaded and one is not. the one that is not is the one that joins that 3 inch piece of heater hose from the intake to the water pump. is this for a press fit barbed fitting or is it a casting flaw?
i havent worked on a 429/460 before this.

-gbm-

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, just got my engine from the machine shop, 69 429 going in my 77.5 f250 4x4 blah blah etc.

anyways, i had them put on a edelbrock performer intake as it was originally a 2 bbl. i was just looking at it and on the front right below the thermostate housing there are 2 5/8's holes, one is threaded and one is not. the one that is not is the one that joins that 3 inch piece of heater hose from the intake to the water pump. is this for a press fit barbed fitting or is it a casting flaw?
i havent worked on a 429/460 before this.

-gbm-

Got any pictures?

Have you thought about contacting Edelbrock to ask them?

Just get a pipe tap and thread it. Did the 429 still have the original carb ? It would be the big 1.33 bore Autolite, that fetches big bucks.

I looked on edelbrocks website and the intake was supposed to come with the fitting (press in)

I bet it is the original carb i have the 2 bbl intake aswell, ill get some numbers off the carb. how much is big bucks and where would someone go about selling such a thing, its a 429 from a 69 tbird, i got the thunderjet air cleaner aswell, power steering pump, brackets etc. nothing will fit in my truck and if i can sell some of this old stuff id like to see it in someones hands whos gonna use it.

-gbm-

If it is the 1.33 2 bbl carb, ebay it. The circle track guys who are limited to the O.E. carbs are the one's you're aiming for. I doubt the intake's worth more than scrap value. The Air cleaner might be worth some bucks though