69 FB Quarter window drip rail

bruce69

Dec 6, 2010
I desperatly need some help in locating drip rails for the quarter windows.My car came as somewhat of a basket case and the drip rails that seal the boomerangs to the body are missing.I have talked to at least 10 parts suppliers and they have no idea what I am talking about most keep referring to the main drip rail or channel that holds the weather strip the peice I am looking for starts or connects at the rear of the main door drip rail.What I need I guess to start is a picture of the quarter window frame with the weather strip removed so that I can show what I am talking about.These pieces for some reason have been missed by the repop suppliers and are turning out to be a show stopper for me.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards

• Sponsors (?)

I think you are looking for something that doesn't exist. IIRC, the chrome V around the fb quarter glass attaches directly to the body, with either foam or strip-caulk to seal it.

View attachment 201610

JT5850.JPG

Thanks I believe you are correct,I was looking at a diagram for a coupe which shows a drip rail for the quarter window I then assumed wrongly that the fastback got the same piece.
Thanks for the advice.